IRC Problems

Dave

Unfortunately, we had a problem yesterday with the IRC server; it died unexpectedly and took the services down with it. We've got the server back up now, but services haven't been brought back up because of some other problems. Hopefully, they should be back up soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

how come I keep getting lagged off roughly ever 5 to 10 mins still?

this has been going on for well over a week now, I have auto-reconnect, but I can`t have a chat of any sustained value :(

I get server lags, then connection reset by peer, roughly every 5 to 10 mins

don`t get me wrong, it doesn`t bother me in tinyest bit, it`s all set to auto here, and if I wanted to chat I`de take person somewhere stable, but something does need to get sorted soonish as not all users can follow me to that place :(

Bleh.

I don't know about the pinging out YT, it only seems to affect you for some reason. You could try connecting to a different port, or maybe check for problems your end.

As for the applet, I really don't know when the last time it actually worked. Maybe blike can fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Update

The main server at blackcobalt was taken offline a couple of days ago because it was quite badly compromised (this was mainly because RH9 got pulled from redhat's update list, and we don't have the capability to upgrade the OS, it's a dedicated server). So as of about an hour ago, the server software is being re-installed and our data being transferred over. I quite honestly don't know how long this is going to take.

In the meantime, I'm probably going to set up another server on another computer so that we can at least connect to something. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that until sometime later today, possibly in the next hour or so. I'll let you all know when something is back up again.

Apologies for the lack of IRC in the meantime :) (plus, when it does come back up, I hope that more people are going to be on there!)