Setting up a MySQLdb

I need to set up a MySQL database and I'm not finding much help on the internet. At this point, I do not have any information that is worth stealing (IMO). I've spent over an hour and a half on this already and I need to get it done ASAP because I don't want to waste too much of my time on this project. I have a few questions. First, can I set it up solely through Python 2.7? Second, can I automatically retrieve lists from the server without having to convert them (if not, I don't think it will be much of an issue to convert the data to python objects)?

Once again, thank you guys for your help.

There are tons and tons of resources on setting up MySQL, it is only the most widely used database engine on the planet, and there is plenty of documentation, official and otherwise.

No you cant set up mysql through python, you can access a mysql service/database with python, but its a database, a daemon, a service, and thus needs some system setup. You can create,delete,modify users, tables and databases with python, but you cant set up mysql itself as a pip install...

You dont tend to store whole lists in single fields of databases, that is generally a poor db design (unless you are postgres). Database tables are optimized to have a few columns and many many rows. If you really critically need to store an array of data in the database, you can serialize it, but i would say that if you are doing this, your data layout design is most likely wrong.

I can help, i have years of experience with databases, mysql in particular. If you want, PM me and we can talk off the record, i can help you do everything, i just need a little info.