Taking video and adding it to a server through wifi

Popcorn Sutton

Taking video and adding it to a server through wifi

Uploading it to FTP?

Taking video - but from what source?

If it's digital camera, after connecting it through USB there is appearing new removable device with it's own path.

So application can monitor that path, to see whether new files appeared, then upload them to remote FTP or copy to local disk and share it in local HTTP or FTP.

Mine two digital cameras are locked up when they are connected through USB to computer. And nothing can be done with them until unplugging.

Edited by Sensei

It's camera glasses. The problem is that you need to spend time uploading the video and people just don't want to do that. I want to skip he whole process of plugging it in because we get so many videos that it would be a lot easier to just have them upload automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the model name yet but we're considering getting google glass so that's probably what we will have. I've never worked with this type of thing before so I don't know what I'm doing yet.

Doing this from regular wired connection and wireless connection are no different.

You would upload the video through the internet and into a FTP. If I assume you have the Google Glass I think their SDK will have examples related to this because they focused much on this feature.

Doing this from regular wired connection and wireless connection are no different.

You would upload the video through the internet and into a FTP. If I assume you have the Google Glass I think their SDK will have examples related to this because they focused much on this feature.

Sending the stream of images over HTTP might be a faster (I don't have the benchmarks on hand), more secure and more quickly implementable method than having whoever is going to use his app, or whatever it is, directly interact with the FTP server.