• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 psi20

psi20

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

Would putting a microwave in a fork blow it up?

#2 syntax252

syntax252

Suspended

• Banned
  • 562 posts
  • LocationUSA-Michigan-SW

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:57 PM

How you gonna get a microwave inside a fork?

#3 Lance

Lance

Organism

• Senior Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationDeserted Island

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:01 PM

No.

edit: wait... how do you get a microwave in a fork?
Marvin: I am at a rough estimate thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number.
Zem: Er, five.
Marvin: Wrong. You see?

#4 psi20

psi20

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:12 PM

Haha, my bad. I meant a fork in a microwave. Like putting a fork into a microwave for a minute or two. My parents tell me it's going to explode or something.

#5 Lance

Lance

Organism

• Senior Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationDeserted Island

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

Haha, my bad. I meant a fork in a microwave. Like putting a fork into a microwave for a minute or two. My parents tell me it's going to explode or something.

Nah, thats just somthing parents say. It wont explode. It will however create plasma around the fork which may ignite flammable objects near the fork.
Marvin: I am at a rough estimate thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number.
Zem: Er, five.
Marvin: Wrong. You see?

#6 YT2095

YT2095

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:47 AM

it`s safe to do, just don`t let the fork come anywhere near the sides of the MW, it`ll help if you put a cup of water in there too, as that absorb any strays and not stress out the magnetron.
I often used to make a cup of coffee in the MW with the spoon left in the cup, the MW`s over 15 years old now and still working :)

#7 swansont

swansont

Shaken, not stirred

• Moderators
  • 25,588 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:30 PM

it`s safe to do, just don`t let the fork come anywhere near the sides of the MW, it`ll help if you put a cup of water in there too, as that absorb any strays and not stress out the magnetron.
I often used to make a cup of coffee in the MW with the spoon left in the cup, the MW`s over 15 years old now and still working :)

Yes, but a spoon is not a fork. :-) It's the sharp points that be the problem, matey. Arrrr. (sorry; the Pirate on the FedEx commercial just popped into my head)

The fork won't explode, but you could damage the oven.

#8 YT2095

YT2095

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:34 PM

actualy, about 2 mins after posting that I tried it, not a problem :)

now if you have a fork with NEEDLE sharp points maybe, but then I wouldn`t have that in my kitchen anyway :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users