Microwave and fork

psi20

Haha, my bad. I meant a fork in a microwave. Like putting a fork into a microwave for a minute or two. My parents tell me it's going to explode or something.

Nah, thats just somthing parents say. It wont explode. It will however create plasma around the fork which may ignite flammable objects near the fork.

it`s safe to do, just don`t let the fork come anywhere near the sides of the MW, it`ll help if you put a cup of water in there too, as that absorb any strays and not stress out the magnetron.

I often used to make a cup of coffee in the MW with the spoon left in the cup, the MW`s over 15 years old now and still working :)

it`s safe to do' date=' just don`t let the fork come anywhere near the sides of the MW, it`ll help if you put a cup of water in there too, as that absorb any strays and not stress out the magnetron.

I often used to make a cup of coffee in the MW with the spoon left in the cup, the MW`s over 15 years old now and still working :)[/quote']

Yes, but a spoon is not a fork. :) It's the sharp points that be the problem, matey. Arrrr. (sorry; the Pirate on the FedEx commercial just popped into my head)

The fork won't explode, but you could damage the oven.