Spell check?

Weird, it should be on. I'll check on the instructions for FF. Maybe I inadvertently turned it off. Thanks for the confirmation.

It says it's turned on: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-use-firefox-spell-checker

Tihs izs alll mispeled and none of it shows up. I have the default editor, with "My Media" in the middle of the top toolbar, and a twitter button in the middle of the bottom toolbar. Any suggestions?

I'm toggling it and restarting FF; I'll report innaminnit.

Testing, tsetning, testing.

Nope. BRB, lemme see if it's working on Foreign Policy and Daily Banter. Could it be a FF bug? I updated today... but I think I remember it further back than that. Hang loose...

No, it's definitely firefox. My spell checking doesn't work on other sites either. I'll post a solution when I find it out. I bet it's a firefox bug.

Testing aragain and it's stil notwerking.

All right, got it. This is way weird: the right-click menu in this text box had "English" unchecked under languages for some reason. Spell check as you type was on in the Options->Advanced->General, and "Check Spelling" was checked in the right-click menu for the text box, but apparently it didn't have any dictionary selected! I suspect a recent update toggled the setting. Or else I had a nervous twitch at just the wrong moment and didn't notice it.

Edited by Schneibster