invisibility

fake

i was just bored so i tried figuring out a better way to make things apear invisible... i saw that one japaneese guy's thing and thought it was crap cuz u could see shadows n stuf and wanted to make my own way.. only problem: it would cost too much well ne ways heres the basic idea :

you have a small camera with hundreds of surfaces (so reely its hundreds of small cameras) all on a semi-sphere that get sent to the parallell screen on the oposite side of the suit/vehical/ w/e and then it gets displayd that way. the screens would be a little biget than the camera and blend many camera signals together to form one picture.. so from no matter what angle you look at it you see directly through the object.. the cameras would be fit in a polygon around each camera and then the same polygon around each polygon lets call that a unit.. so hundreds of these units would make up a suit and each unit would be about the size of a pixle on the computer your looking at right now.. ill go into details with the light n stuff in later posts but tell me if the general idea is good or not..

You should look into fabrics with OLED's woven into them. That's where the technology behind "invisibility cloaks" is going - OLED's (organic light emitting diodes) and 3d cameras (technically, you should be able to reproduce a stereoscopic version of whatever is behind you. the trick is knowing where to project it.

actualy no, the cameras would be on both sides... you see the suit would have two sides each with cameras each with screens

remember how i was saying about that sort of tesselation thing of screens around a camera.. well it would go throughout the whole suite so you can see from any angle and still be unseen .. as for the wieght the cameras would be incredibly small and the computers that would be used to direct the images would be too... it would be like carying around how ever many flat-screen monetors would cover your body exept probably less ... i have a drawing how can i get it online.. i have a scanner

its hard to undersand what im saying im pritty sure i got all the bugs worked out as far as if it will be viewable from any angle and even problems like emiting a shadow... my only problem is what kind of computer microchips would be used and is it posible to transmit that much data through the air without geting mixed signals .. there would be literaly millions of flat screens in a suit..and about the visibility of the cameras ..even if they were microscopic a whole bunch of them would look like a haze floating in air.. i need to solve that problem too.. im not too sure that it might be a problem though (still good to solve it ne ways)

I seem to rem something like that using a suit of Fiber optics.

it would transfer the image of behind and to the sides from all angles to the front or opposing side, the cable at the back presented 180 degrees to the front.

when stationary it looked quite convincing! :)

"OLED's technology advantage is that it's very bright, has a higher contrast than LCD, and is good for moving pictures," - the problem with that is i dont want it to be bright, only as bright as the light that is being emited behind it.. i want it so you can shine a flashlight through the suit and still have no problems with seeing strait through it .. the screens would be more like gameboy screens than tv screens. if u ever seen a gameboy they dont emit light they only show the image as where a tv would light up a room...

yea i think u would use fiber optics because each screen would be like i said before a semi-sphere of hundreds of flat screens you would need microscopic fiberoptic cables to bring the ilght strait into the thing that is showing the light

not quite employing the same method, but not off topic either.

have you considered optical distortion using air density?

like Heat haze or looking at an image through the area just above a candle flame?

the object behind it seems to distort and move, when it`s clearly stationary.

Could this effect possibly be exploited too?

Fake I dont know what techno they used,but have you tried to find out what the suits were made from on 'Predator'.I realise if you look closely you could see it,but its pretty invisible.I wonder how much one would cost!

dude, that was green masking with CGI, not a suit :)

back from skol well ne ways.. i can try to post the ideas i have

as far as all that other stuff i know that when it moves it wont be a problem.. i think cameras take 24 frames a second so the human eye cannot see the diference from one to the next, well with this the image would just change every 24 or more frames (the more frames per second the higher resolution.. also the more angles of flat screens the better the resolution) so it would be like 80 times everysecond.. like a radio pulse would be transmited and then every pulse would have diferent images on its information...

also the real reason i put this thread under computer sciences is because i wanted the people of this site to help me figure out some things aobut the size of the computer chip that would recieve a signal and transmit it into light and also emit a signal and direct the flow of light to the diferent screens

• 3 weeks later...

the problem is that the screens themselves being used to display the image must be polygonal, not flat, and that the size of each surface must be reduced in size proportional to the distance that the observer is from the "invisible" object. for the object to appear invisible from far away (say 100 meters) is not difficult. a person 6ft would only be viewing the object maybe 2 degree above a person 5ft tall. the image would still have to be shifted accordingly though. this just becomes much harder if the observer is 10ft away. standing on his toes changes the view by 10 degrees. therefore the size of each surface on the polygon would have to be one pixel in size at most. the size of the pixels would be determined by the required resolution which would have to be whatever the maximum resolution the eye can see. were not exactly talking planck length size here but itd have to be pretty small. oled seems promising but there still the issue of glare. well, cost too. i think the largest oled still isnt much more than 15" and around $12k. but let me know if you happen to have a few billion dollars lying around for research. id love to help you spend it.

military has these polymers hooked up to their sensors of their planes which can project an image of what is above/below/next to an the said aircraft. you don't see the technology being used yet, because it is still in development.