Civics Survey

rahul_rudani

Hey guys, I am doing Civics survey. So, I need your help to answer these questions. Well, this might sound stupid but it's educational.

For the following questions, answer each question as "YES" or "NO" and give at least one reason of what you think.

1) Should a specific dress code be introduced for the civics classroom?

2) Should eating/drinking be allowed in the civics classroom?

3) Should students have the right to leave their classroom for washroom or drink breaks without having to ask permission?

4) Should marks be deducted for late test/assignments in civics class?

:help: :bs:

I would appreciate if you reply these questions within next two days, because I need my survey for Monday, April 8th.

Thank you.

1) No: people should be allowed to wear what they want.

2) No: if people eat in classrooms, it tends to make them messy rather rapidly which just seems wrong.

3) No: it's only polite.

4) Yes: but only if they don't have a decent excuse. It's only polite to get the work in for when someone sets it.

Have fun with your survey :)

Monday is April 7th.

1) No. It's a class.

2) Yes. There's simply no reason not to allow this.

3) Yes. No need to treat students like little children.

4) Yes. It's important to learn the consequences of irresponsibility.

1) NO ... withing established perameters, ie; clothes must be worn;)

2) YES people should be allowed to feel comfortable

3) NO. common cutesy (enless instructor outlines otherwise)

4) YES. if assignment is late withought a proper excuse (example: "My collar bone was broken and seriously infected so i could not get out of the hospital for a week") then a mark of 0% should be awarded

I think very few people are responding to this because it is at the very bottom of the topics list, under <ugh> politics.

I agree, but the key word is should, common courtesy is common, but not everyone abides by it.

And isn't that what this thread is really about?

All of those questions would not have to be asked if people were courdious.

1) Should a specific dress code be introduced for the civics classroom?

Yes, you scruffy young tykes. Prepares you for the real world where you will be expected to be presentable at work. Put on your own clothes in your own time, not the states time. (plus prevent bullying of students who are 'fashion challanged'!)

2) Should eating/drinking be allowed in the civics classroom?

Nope, that just make's a mess, is unsanitory, distracts from the class and besides they give you a lunchtime for lunch.

3) Should students have the right to leave their classroom for washroom or drink breaks without having to ask permission?

No, it's about showing respect for your teacher in asking for permission. It means you are more inclined to learn mannors and not become french. :D

4) Should marks be deducted for late test/assignments in civics class?

Not if there are reasonble grounds.

Are you sure common courtesy covers it? I mean, what's a "drinks break"?

If you pop out in the middle of a lesson to go and have a capucino and read the paper you should probably ask first. Unless you're teaching the class of course.

1. yeh coz it a free world and ppl with no money dont have to keep bying school uniform

2. erm no coz they end up having food fights :D and its rude to talk with ur cop full

3.yes they should coz ppl have probs with blader and because of girls and periods and ppl r dieabedic(dont no how spell)

4. yeh coz its sad on ppl tht have dun it on time and other ppl r lazy they sud not happen

• 3 weeks later...

1) Should a specific dress code be introduced for the civics classroom? No

2) Should eating/drinking be allowed in the civics classroom? No

3) Should students have the right to leave their classroom for washroom or drink breaks without having to ask permission? Yes

4) Should marks be deducted for late test/assignments in civics class? Yes

1) Should a specific dress code be introduced for the civics classroom? No

2) Should eating/drinking be allowed in the civics classroom? No

3) Should students have the right to leave their classroom for washroom or drink breaks without having to ask permission? Yes

4) Should marks be deducted for late test/assignments in civics class? Yes

1. no, but a guideline should be established.

2. no, very distracting

3. yes, when you got to go, you got to go.

4. yes, develops responsibility.

I am an instructor for the Electrical Council of Florida Manasota Chapter, and this is how my classroom would be conducted in regards to these particular questions. :)