Turtle Soup.

Considering that this is the internet, I am pretty certain that the worst possible explanation is the correct cone. Wife making a soup (at least the usual way) is not horrible enough.

I agree. However, due to the nature of the puzzle, asking whether or not the wife cooked the soup can actually be helpful. We know that she is the source of the culinary mishap, but what caused the man to leave after actually tasting turtle soup for the first time at the restaurant. If she cooked the soup, then she lied to the husband about the contents of the soup. However, if she didn't cook the soup, then why is she the source of the mishap. If she didn't cook the soup, then she might actually be the 'source' for the meat in the soup ; )

As CharonY hinted to, my next question is whether or not the wife is the 'source' for the meat in the soup?

Edited by Daedalus

I don't get it. Can't you come up with any number of logical explanations for why the man left after one taste?

Yes, but then it wouldnt be a puzzle. The question was asked with an intended answer, and thats what you are trying to find. Its not about logic

Yes, but then it wouldnt be a puzzle. The question was asked with an intended answer, and thats what you are trying to find. Its not about logic

Well... I believe John Cuthber and I asked a few yes or no questions. Do you have a few answers?

I agree. However, due to the nature of the puzzle, asking whether or not the wife cooked the soup can actually be helpful. We know that she is the source of the culinary mishap, but what caused the man to leave after actually tasting turtle soup for the first time at the restaurant. If she cooked the soup, then she lied to the husband about the contents of the soup. However, if she didn't cook the soup, then why is she the source of the mishap. If she didn't cook the soup, then she might actually be the 'source' for the meat in the soup ; )

As CharonY hinted to, my next question is whether or not the wife is the 'source' for the meat in the soup?

No sir she did not cook the soup, and yes sir she was the "source" of meat in the soup

Edited by LastHit

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

So... up to the moment the man tasted the turtle soup in the restaurant he believed he had already eaten some turtle soup in the past. But he realises the taste is quite different, hence he figures out the soup he had before wasn't made with turtle (he has no reason to doubt the restaurant has served genuine turtle soup). He understands the soup he was "tricked" into eating in the past was not genuine turtle soup but soup where the main ingredient was his wife and this is a shock for him. 

The question now is why wasn't he aware his wife was served to him in a soup...

Is he blind? Were they in an accident?