Turtle Soup.

A simple riddle! Well, okay maybe not so simple.

I'm going to give you good people a senario, i want you to tell me how it came about (im looking for alot of info, the how, why, where all that good stuff).

The Riddle!

A gentleman walks into a resteraunt and orders turtle soup, has one taste, and the leaves. Why?

The Rules

1. I may only answer yes, or no to any question asked.

2. If you know the answer to this then please dont spoil it for the other members.

3. Please dont google, it ruins the fun.

Also please consider that i wont be able to instantly reply, be patient. And this may take a while, the answer is very complex!

Yes, but that is not the answer, we now need to establish why he feels guilty!

He feels guilty because he is eating a turtle? Or it could be he feels guilty about a previous event that occurred involving the eating of turtle soup.

He feels guilty because he is eating a turtle? Or it could be he feels guilty about a previous event that occurred involving the eating of turtle soup.

He does not feel guilty about eating the turtle

If I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with his wife.

Yes it does

Alex i treat your statement as a question, if you know the answer or you remember it please dont spoil it for unity, and anyone else that has the oppertunity to work this out.

He does not feel guilty about eating the turtle

Yes it does

Alex i treat your statement as a question, if you know the answer or you remember it please dont spoil it for unity, and anyone else that has the oppertunity to work this out.

Is it because he was shipwrecked and since he starved he ate his ship mates by making them into soup and ever since he ate the turtle soup he remembers something about the taste and feels guilty?

So he thought he ate turtle but did not? And his wife is involved? Is she at the, ehm very source of a culinary misstep?

In any case, I have the feeling that this is more an example of convoluted story-telling rather than a true riddle, as the premises allow for almost unlimited number of "correct" answers. Just saying.

Edited by CharonY

So he thought he ate turtle but did not? And his wife is involved? Is she at the, ehm very source of a culinary misstep?

In any case, I have the feeling that this is more an example of convoluted story-telling rather than a true riddle, as the premises allow for almost unlimited number of "correct" answers. Just saying.

Indeed she is the source!

And i think these things are actually known as lateral thinking puzzles (or yes/no puzzles). They are designed with a true answer in mind.

It is more a charade-type of game rather than riddle (except you are guessing a plot rather than a word).

Most of these type of teasers have a singular answer, like the one with the dead guy in the desert with a pack on his back. This one relies on a pretty complicated back story, and so you could technically come up with multiple answers that satisfy the scenario without actually being the right one.

So, he thought he had eaten turtle soup before, but never had. His wife is also the source of the culinary mishap. Did his wife cook the turtle soup the first time?

Considering that this is the internet, I am pretty certain that the worst possible explanation is the correct cone. Wife making a soup (at least the usual way) is not horrible enough.