its just a thought but has any one ever concidered the true function of a black hole

the reason I ask is because I just watched a film called the black hole that is based on the story of exploring the inner workings of a black hole so naturally it got me thinking and what I thought was why does a black hole suck everything into its self besides the whole gravity thing I mean it only seems logical to me that once something is dead it loses any ability to produce any kind of force think of it like a human that drives a bus for disabled people has a route each week to pick up his clients and take them out for the day if he died those same disabled people would stop receiving there weekly trips at least until the driver was replace so why does the gravity not disperse once the body has collapsed? is it possible that the gravity remains for the sole purpose of one day reigniting the loss star and restarting that particular solar system. what I mean by this is what if the purpose of a black hole was to draw in enough matter and compress it so much that one day a reaction will take place that causes a new sun to spark into existence. after all we don't no how stars came to be but we do no they are a great source of energy which would leave me to believe a much greater force of energy would be needed to create a sun so could a black hole be that greater force needed and if so would that mean instead of having an ever increasing universe or an ever diminishing universe what we would have is a universe that alternates between increasing in size and decreasing in size. this is all just a thought process I would like some proper input from those that work in this field as I don't have any formal qualifications in the subject I simply would like an analysis of my thoughts and validation on what is correct or possible and a clear statement of what is not possible and why please. thank you for your time

!

Moderator Note

As with the other thread you posted in, it would be beneficial for all if you could please make better use of the English language. It is very hard to read a sentence that is 4 lines long and contains no commas or any other form of grammar. You will also find people here will take you more seriously.

What makes you think a black hole is dead?

A black hole is not dead. Read about it; that is the only way you can get the clearification you seek. In the lamest terms, the issue with blackholes is that the mass to radius ratio is so enormous that even light cannot eccape its surface. And if we can not see light from it then we can not see anything from it:then its dead. So is it really dead?

If you mean a black hole is dead in the same sense one might call a rock dead, then I suppose they are dead. But, it is an unusual use of the word dead. I have heard a phrase similar to, "a black hole is made when a large star dies," but it is not very accurate. Stars are not living things like people, plants and animals; thus, they do not actually die. Saying a star dies is using poetic license, which I think is called personification.

The title of this thread is, "its just a thought but has any one ever concidered the true function of a black hole," which can be simplified to, "What is the function of a black hole." And, the answer is, science cannot answer such a question. Scientists have observed that black holes exist, and have used math to understand some things about black holes.

you guys miss understood me I ment the star dies and as ed says that's not quite right but my understanding is mass creates gravaty so a star is the mass the gravaty is the force created by that mass when a star reaches that point to where it collapses the mass is no more so really the gravity should disperse but it doesn't why is that could it be that the purpose of the black hole is to one day compress enough matter to cause a reaction that re-ignites the star thus starting the cycle of creation evolution and final destruction again

Edited by lukemcleod

The mass of a star does not disappear when it runs out of nuclear fuel. It begins with mostly light elements such as hydrogen, helium and lithium. The nuclear energy that makes a star 'burn' comes from fusion as the hydrogen fuses into helium (same as hydrogen bomb). When the hydrogen is all fused into helium, helium fuses, and heavier elements are made, and in turn heavier elements fuse into yet heavier elements until fusion makes iron. Iron does not fuse. Nuclear fusion stops. The star suddenly cools and cannot be an ionized gas. Gravity pulls the gasses towards the center as if to make solid iron, but gravity is so strong it squeezes all the empty space from atoms creating a black hole.

Less massive stars do not become black holes. Some become neutron stars. And, ones even less massive, such as our sun, become red giants that eventually cool into dwarfs.

A black hole has great mass and gravity.

Firstly, it's not correct to speak of a purpose. There's no underlying purpose or goal of the universe.

Secondly, you say the mass of a star creates the gravity. I'm sure that's not an accurate description to physicists, but let's go with that anyway. If that's the case, can you think of a reason gravity should disperse when the star collapses? After all, the mass is still there.

Luke you are not E. E. Cummings writng poetry. Please capitalize and punctuate.

I'm using a frigging tablet that's always messing with my head, by correcting things incorrectly. If I can take the time to answer you with my best effort, you should ask questions with capitalization and punctuation. Do it again, and I'll ignore you.

Edited by EdEarl

True ed I am not writing poetry niether am I william Shakespeare writting a sonet or a play I'm not good at punctuation I was terrible at English in school but I will do my best as always bear in mind it goes against my nature I am laid back relaxed person and I prefer casual chat over formal enquiry

Edited by lukemcleod

But you could, at the very least, put a spell check on your computer. Try writing with one verb per sentence. Precise communication is vital in science; this is one of the main reasons we use mathematics so much. But even prose can be made simple, easy to write and read, and free of the worst sorts of ambiguity; it is a skill worth learning.

This forum is about learning. Part of learning is clear communication. Clear communication is difficult on a good day, and writing and punctuation are part of it. You want to play with us, play hard. No one will claim we are push overs. Do the best you can. No one is perfect, but not trying leads to this kind of conversation, or worse.

I can't figure out how to copy and paste on this friggin tablet, which is $#!++¥, but I manage.

Black holes are not dead theyre moving matter and light at speeds in excess of 10 times the speed of light also they have a gravitational potential that keeps galaxy's organized . I aim to prove black holes are in fact the organisers of the dualiverse. I am working on a intergalactic time differential based on my estimated black hole operating speeds.

post-91277-0-56127600-1374476808_thumb.jpg

Edited by PureGenius

Black holes are not dead theyre moving matter and light at speeds in excess of 10 times the speed of light also they have a gravitational potential that keeps galaxy's organized . I aim to prove black holes are in fact the organisers of the dualiverse. I am working on a intergalactic time differential based on my estimated black hole operating speeds.

!

Moderator Note

It is against the rules to advertise your pet theory outside of its own thread in speculations.