two quesiton regarding CS

KayS

I am a first year student...3 months into my course I have been give a practice test and im stuck on two questions, however I have a rough idea of what the answers are

question14.png

Firstly:

quesiton 14 : answer is B... the problem lies in line 2 because it says they must add all contents in mem location 7,8 & 3 but here it just uses the funciton LOAD 8 which actually replaces the LOAD 7..I think im right the statement should be

LOAD 7

ADD 8

ADD 3

STORE 21

the second question is

question15.png

The answer I got is:

C : because under the DPA the exemptions clearly state:

"Domestic purposes. Processing by an individual only for the purposes of
that individual's personal, family or household affairs is exempt"

however i could be totally wrong anyone with any suggestions on my answers?

I just read through the questions out of curiosity. I am not an expert at all, and my formal education is not related to this. Still, your answers seem reasonable.

Just a hint though: if you write a thread title on a forum, don't use abbreviations like CS. To me, CS means carbon storage, or CO2 storage. I still have no idea what you meant with CS. A clear title will attract more views.

I am a first year student...3 months into my course I have been give a practice test and im stuck on two questions, however I have a rough idea of what the answers are

question14.png

Firstly:

quesiton 14 : answer is B... the problem lies in line 2 because it says they must add all contents in mem location 7,8 & 3 but here it just uses the funciton LOAD 8 which actually replaces the LOAD 7..I think im right the statement should be

LOAD 7

ADD 8

ADD 3

STORE 21

the second question is

question15.png

The answer I got is:

C : because under the DPA the exemptions clearly state:

"Domestic purposes. Processing by an individual only for the purposes of

that individual's personal, family or household affairs is exempt"

however i could be totally wrong anyone with any suggestions on my answers?

Hey I would have said for the question 15 something else, I don't say you're right I am wrong or vice versa.

This is my opnion.

1: there is nothing wrong with, all companys do it and it is only calculations, so again this in my opinion wouldn't be registered.

2: is saying it will state details in a "personal" adress book, who's book is this? It could be someone who works here, but knows the people, so they have their adress, the use of "personal" needs to be explained further, who's is this "personal" book? From where I see it this wouldn't have to be as it isn't going to be shared and I think wouldn't have to be registered.

3: However I feel would have to be registered. Because it is personal details that are being used for company pay roll purposes.

So as you see my answer to yours, would be... different to yours, whether that is right or not is something else, I am trying to shed the light you wanted, without giving a direct asnwer, as we're not suppose to in this forum, we can only assist.

This is my view and what I remember from studying the data protection act, and my own thoughts on the matter.

I hope this helps though.

You're right about the first question. As for the second...

1: A company calculating income and expenditure

(from the link that Consistency posted):

* [exempt] Organisations that process personal data only for:

-accounts and records

2: Storing contact details in a personal address book

-organisations that do not process personal information on computer

3: Employee details used by a company for payroll purposes

-staff administration (including payroll)

So in my interpretation, all three would be exempt from having to register.

Four people answering your question, all four with different answers. Isn't this fun?

loooooooooool =] thanks for the response's Im so confused on this data protection act quesiton.. i think 1 2 & 3 all would be exempt hmm... quiet confusing lol any other links on exemption

after reading the Article I think the answer would be D 1) && 2)...because at the end of the day in 3) they are using personal data...which in actual fact has to be registered to the commissioner. If someone could challenge me, in why my thinking is wrong or if someone would agree with me would help me =]

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Act_1998

The UK Data Protection Act is a large Act that has a reputation for complexity.[17] While the basic principles are honoured for protecting privacy, interpreting the act is not always simple.

So as you've probably guessed by now, it won't be easy giving a clear answer. According to the link posted above, I'd say 3 falls under exeptions. But on the other hand, I couldn't find anything about payrolls at all in the Wikipedia article. However, the link posted above goes to the official authority, so it should be accurate. Now, if we could reach a consensus on what it all says, that'd be great.

2: Storing contact details in a personal address book

-organisations that do not process personal information on computer

What if its a personal digital address book? - This is mainly why I wasn't sure about #2.

What if its a personal digital address book? - This is mainly why I wasn't sure about #2.

I did think of that, but was hoping they wouldn't have left that part out if it was in digital form. But I'm with you, that part of the question should have been included.

Hey, I did look further into this as I was talking to my faculty boss today and had a few minutes to ask this, and it is something that I think the faculty have to concider...

I thought it was D myself.

I went and asked the faculty manager of the department her view on it and she gave a really good description of what and why they thought D as well, but, I forgot all the things she said.

I think they used the word "personal" because they wanted you to see it, and use that or bare it in mind, maybe you could elaborate on your answer, and say "in once instance I think.... however if you looks at it from another point of view I think......"

I could be wrong, again only my idea and another persons idea.