Polls, Surveys and Tests

swansont

We get the occasional posts asking for survey or poll responses, or other kinds of scientific participation. This will be a clearinghouse thread for such posts.

Since these are generally one-way communications, responses will be deleted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back in 2010 the Science is Vital set up a petition in favour of protecting the UK research budget. Thankfully funding for science and engineering was ring-fenced and frozen instead of being reduced.

Now Science is Vital has another active petition, that I invite you all to sign, to urge the UK Government to increase its research and development spend in 2015-16.

We urge the Government to unfreeze the science budget and increase its research and development spend in 2015-16. Further, to demonstrate its vision that science is vital for the UK, we ask the Government to set itself the long-term target of raising R&D spending to at least 0.8% of GDP – the G8 average.

Link

Science is Vital latest petition

• 3 weeks later...

My name is Liset Geluk, and I am a Master student at the VU University (Amsterdam), discipline Social Psychology. I'm looking for people involved in a relationship, both men and women, who want to fill in this questionnaire. In this questionnaire you will be asked a number of questions about your Internet use and your romantic relationship, as well as some questions about sexuality. The survey will take about 10 minutes of your time.

Only people in a relationship can participate in this questionnaire.

Please read the questions and instructions carefully, and choose the answer that best matches your answer.

Please give the first answer that comes to mind. There are no right or wrong answers. All the answers will be processed anonymously.

Thank you very much for your participation! Good luck, and thank you for your time!

Hi everyone,

we are currently conducting a study that tries to investigate Human visual search behavior and look whether this can be related to animal foraging behavior. The task is to search for gas stations on aerial maps and it is an online study, so everyone can participate:

map_IA_small.png

Participate in the study: http://search.partners.org/mapforaging/

It is just about 30 Minutes and we will tell you a little more about the ideas and goals after the task, so we would be glad if you could help us!

Thanks

(Not perfectly sure about the category, as it fits into several like Neuroscience, (Cognitive) Psychology, Biology etc. Please move if necessary.)

Right now, you are behind a computer, just like me while typing.
But if we would both go to Google and google the same word, we would get completely different results.
This is something I try to research in my MA Thesis.

To what extent are search results personalized?
Can Google measure your political preference?
Do Democrats get more politically left results than Republicans?

These are the things I want to explore and I want you to do it with.

Are you curious as well?

Fill in the 5 MINS survey through the link below and we'll find out!

https://erasmushcc.qualtrics.com/SE/...EXrbKOFlWKfOGV

Thanks in advance,

Ruben Rietveld
MA Student Media & Business
Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Hi everyone,
I'm Biotechnology student and I do research in Maria Skłodowska-Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology in Poland. I am trying to get scholarship to pay for postgraduate training in bioinformatics. I've prepared special movie, which you can watch here:

http://stypendiumzwyboru.absolvent.pl/aplikacja/blizej-nauki-blizej-marzen (It's called "closer to science, closer to dreams")

Unfortunetally it's not in english, but maybe you will like it:) I would like to ask you for help and some votes for me and my short movie smile.png

Here is short tutorial how to vote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=452316841525976&set=a.268292599928402.61761.100002429922740&type=1&theater

That is only 10 seconds so maybe you will vote:) That facebook application doesn't send ads, so don't worry about it.

Thanks a lot:) Damian

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm a student of sociology at the University of Lodz in Poland. I'm writing my Master thesis in the Department of Sociology of Art and Culture about the lifestyle of the American scientists. It would be really helpful if you could sacrifice 15 minutes of your time for answering easy for you but vital for my project questions. You can find the survey here:

http://www.surveyexpression.com/Survey.aspx?id=b6867a1f-a70e-458c-a769-8ed44b0d0f6b

I would really appreciate your help!

Obviously, all data collected will be used only for the purposes of my thesis.

Thank you a lot in advance,

Kasia

A couple of the questions are unclear to me. What does shopping mean, for instance? I would assume that pretty much everyone has to go grocery shopping, unless you are able to grow food yourself.

With regards to dating, does going out with one's significant other count?

Do you mean movies with or about scientists ?

Hello all,

I am looking to recruit participants for a short (10-15 minute) on-line study investigating facial recognition and individual differences. The study will involve watching a short video followed by a questionnaire.

I am offering a single £25 prize to be won by lottery by anyone who participates (you will need PayPal or some other way for me to send the money electronically to receive the prize) and to enter simply contact the email address given at the end of the study.

This research has received ethical approval from the relevant boards at the University of Sussex.

If you are interested in taking part simply follow the link below:

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Users/jld32/study

This will randomly assign you to one of the conditions and forward you to the relevant study, simply follow the on-screen instructions.

Obviously I am more than happy to answer any questions, either here or via email, and I welcome any discussion. Though I would ask that anyone who has taken part be a little circumspect about details of the experiment if discussing it here so as not to impact of the responses of future participants.

Many thanks to you all in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I was a senior in high school this year taking AP Biology and was surprised to find that there wasnt any one website that had more than one studying tool so I decided to create one myself. http://www.SurviveBio.com/ is the ultimate resource for studying AP Biology. There is a collection of instructional videos, flashcards, chapter outlines, practice tests, and a question and answer section (like Yahoo Answers) to help the user study in different ways. To make the site more engaging and interactive, users can register and get points for using some of those study tools. For example, if a user answers someone else question, they get 50 points. These points can raise the user's rank and get them closer to winning medals to show off on their profiles. Please check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...
I hope it is ok to post this here! I thought people here may be interested in taking part:

Are you male and between ages 20-40 years and interested in completing an online questionnaire looking at memory, creativity, and thinking about people?

Male volunteers are urgently required to complete an online questionnaire for an MSc research study.

The online questionnaire (and further details about the study) can be found at this link:

The questionnaire is completely anonymous. You do not have to enter your name, date of birth, or email address.

Unfortunately, there is no budget with which to pay participants; however, it involves writing down some memories and answering questions about them, an exercise which people have often found to be an interesting and intriguing experience! If you choose to take part, you would be contributing to a study that will help our understanding of this research area. Your help is very much appreciated!

This research has been approved by the Psychology Research Ethics Committee at Oxford Brookes University.

*Although the study requires both male and female participants, due to a disproportionate number of female respondents, male respondents are now urgently being sought!

Thank you very much in advance for your time!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Science Forums

I m a college student in Austria who studies economics. I m now writing my Bachelor Thesis and centered it around decisionmaking and pc games(specifically LoL). I cannot go into much detail yet as i don t want to influence people who are going to take this survey.

The Survey you can download has 3 pages of questions and contains 2 decision games. As it is common in economic experiments to set correct incentives answering them also allows you to get 1 of 2 10€ paysafe cards(once the survey is closed this will be randomly selected between the best performers). Dont see this as a giveaway but as a price making it worth a while to fill out the survey to your best knowledge and instinct.

Unfortunatly i m a noob when it comes to online programming and techinques thus i have to use a somewhat complicated system for the survey:

1.Download this word document(compatible with Open Office etc.): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzEhoo2HJvO7WGQ5a2E3TFBMQUE/edit?usp=sharing

1. Go through the questions and answer them as best you can

2. Save the file and name it, i suggest: survey_insertnamehere@mailprovider.com

3. Send it to the following e- mail adress: econsurvey2013@gmail.com

This procedure is necessary to avoid multiple submissions and other sample distracting interactions, as i was not able to create it in a save manner somewhere online.

It would be awesome if you could take the about 5 - 10 minutes this should take and send it back to me. If there is interest i can post the final version of my thesis once it is finished.

Thx for your help and have a nice day :)

PS.: Be rest assured that your information will be kept absolutly private, i will not save any of the emails once the data is extracted and the price winners are selected. The email is specifically created for this purpose and is only used to collect the data.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to inform the members of an uptick of the criminal and psychosocial phenomenon known as "gang stalking" or "community stalking" . This pernicious approach to behavior modification involves an attempt to villify and/or modify a target's behavior, stimulated response and/or psychological stress motivated by retribution for reporting crimes/whistleblowing, opposition to social/political beliefs, or the perception that a targeted individual has not received adequate punishment for alleged crimes. We are collecting data (both empirical and objective/scientific) for a research study. So if you've experienced this psychological crime or participated in this activity as a member of this organization, please contact me. Thanks for your time and assistance.

• 1 month later...

I would like to inform you that currently I am conducting a research entitled "New Product Development at Universities" for a MRes at Cranfield University.

The main objectives of the study are the following:
• To study the product/process/technology development practices at universities.
• To compare the universities performance with the industry.
In order to achieve the mentioned objectives, I would highly appreciate your collaboration by completing the survey provided. It should not take longer than 6 minutes.

New Product Development Survey

The survey targets people who fulfills these three criteria:
1. They were involved in the development of a product, process, or technology that is meant to be applied on a product or process.
2. They performed the project in behalf of a university.
3. The project was in collaboration with either industry/business, government, or a NGO.
The survey respondent can fill as many questionnaires as projects under the above mentioned conditions he has been involved.

The survey is totally anonymous, none information provided would enable personal, university or company identification.

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Good morning everybody,

Nowadays, I'm finishing my doctoral thesis in Biomedical Engineering (Madrid, Spain), for the early diagnostic in Alzheimer's disease. I thought that, maybe you could help me and spent several minutes in order to complete this game, and it would be great and amazing. You will help me a lot, and many other people!

This game uses the 2 and 3 dimensions and you only need a PC with Windows and a mouse. It takes roughly 9-10 minutes to be completed! I will be eternally grateful!

The results will be contained in a scientific paper, in which one of the authors is the best Oncologist in Spain.

English:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e0DOE1VvEZ2XlCBNBGUp5K9eVefgEd6Ai5ngW​6ti9Gs/viewform

Spanish:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hDBnyDFVsfPHcFlv9BdypHIaa6yKsxytYseNk​fVk5ro/viewform

PS: the results will only be stored if you complete the final answer. It does not take so much! Thank you very much for all.

Antonio

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I am a student currently studying my third year in university. As a part of my third year project I have chosen to do a marketing plan about a new type of system for work places to keep track of their walkie-talkies and other mobile communication devices.

I have created a questionnaire to gain peoples perspective on the issue. I will then analyse the information, which will allow me to decide upon the correct direction to follow and how to justify the feasibility of the idea.

The questionnaire should only take a minute or two to fill out and all replies I receive will be very helpful and will be appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Sonia

Here is a link to my question: https://docs.google.com/a/my.westminster.ac.uk/forms/d/1qKd_C8G3CW9jS4psTU0RnqUZPVwyGnaQzng9gvX5DxQ/viewform

• 1 month later...
We are attempting to better understand how the futurist scientific and philosophical community perceives the possibility of radical life extension (RLE).

Radical Life Extension refers to the elimination of age-related degeneration, and a life without ageing. Regardless of your thoughts and feelings on the possibility of RLE we want to understand how these ideas impact behaviour. If you would be willing to take 5-10 minutes of your time to fill out this survey, we would appreciate your time:

(www.theadvancedapes.com)

• 1 month later...

Hi Science Community!

A professor of mine and I are doing a project on optimizing agarose gel electrophoresis. We're surveying what setups people are using. If you run agarose gels regularly, please take our 5-minute survey! If you know people who run gels, please forward this to them. We have IRB approval. Many thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ElectrophoresisSurvey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear forum members,

I'm a PhD student at the VHTLab, Utrecht University in The Netherlands. We're investigating collisions between virtual characters (crowd simulation). To understand more about how much detail people can actually see in virtual characters, we have set up a small experiment.

We would like you to participate in our survey at http://survey.stuvel.eu/. It should take only 5-10 minutes of your time, and would help us a great deal. There is something in it for you too: we'll raffle off an Apple iPod Shuffle among those who have completed the survey.

The survey will be open until May 18th.

Thanks in advance,

Sybren A. Stüvel

Virtual Human Technology lab: link removed

Utrecht University: link removed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.