Mysteries of the Graviton

CalG.

Hi guys! I would like to start this discussion by saying I am brand new to this site, so if you could, please go a little easy on me. smile.png I am also only 17 years old, so I can say I do not have much experience in the study of physics, but I do love it very much and am very curious and eager to learn more. First, let me share with you something I've learned and have questioned.

We all know of the existence of gravity and that it is a force that causes two particles to pull towards each other. But if gravity is a force, then, according to the Standard Model, it must also have its own accompanying particle, which, in question, is called the graviton. These are tiny, massless particles that are somehow able to push and pull every bit of matter in the universe. But, what has gotten me so interested in the graviton is, it can do this while being very weak on the planetary scale yet strong in relation to something such as two positively charged protons. So, my question is, why does it act differently on planets versus elementary particles?

I know this a question that may not be able to have a for sure correct answer, but I have just been curious to know what your theories are. Please, anyone is welcome to answer.

P.S. Pardon my high school grammar and punctuation.

why does it act differently on planets versus elementary particles?

As far as we know, it doesn't. There's as yet no successful theory of quantum gravity, so this question can't really be answered in full. Your question can quite easily be answered without any QM, however. Classically, the strength gravitational field scales linearly with mass: [math]g=-GM/r^2[/math]. A small body 1 mile away from a large mass M will experience half of the force due to gravity that a small body 1 mile away from a mass 2M experiences.

Also, while asking "why" questions, it's always useful to have watched this:

kind and well reasoned elves and leptons are all ways welcome

Do you seek truth or dogma? The Standard Model fails because it is based on fallacy:

relatively equivalent is the same as same as and spacetime curvature is the same as gravity and gravitons are massless and black holes are dense and those are other threads and welcome to my wormhole.101

elementary physics.101

force is inertial pressure differential

curvature is no more than equal~opposite reaction to inertial pressure differential

bang.entropy.et al

def: graviton

each and every singular quantum particle that carries force as gravity

syn: dark matter

to the unenlightened

Gravity is carried by weakly interactive massive quantum particles. Massive means subject to gravity and inertia.

a noble science fair experiment~challenge

Bore the working ends of your most powerful free floating vacuum cleaners through your most powerful electromagnets of the same pole.

At distance, attraction is greater than repulsion and vacuum cleaner matter accelerates toward matter. As distance decreases, the energy of repulsion increases by a magnitude greater than the energy of attraction. At a specific distance, the powers of attraction and repulsion tango around equilibrium until rest and entropy prevails.

in the spirit of peace

ron

Have you heard the tail of wimpy spacetime monkeys that gravitate toward massive spacetime bananas even as they flee energetic spacetime bananas?

Do you seek truth or dogma? The Standard Model fails because it is based on fallacy:

relatively equivalent is the same as same as and spacetime curvature is the same as gravity and gravitons are massless and black holes are dense and those are other threads and welcome to my wormhole.101

!

Moderator Note

rwjefferson, this is hijacking and a violation of the rules. You have your own thread(s) in which you may discuss your dissatisfaction with mainstream physics. Bringing that up in others' mainstream threads is not permitted.

The entire idea of there existing a graviton is a conformation to the already known pattern by which other fundamental forces have been understood and described; this conformation would not lead to confirmation, not now, not ever. Gravitation as seen by Newton and Einstein has a critically important nuance that if misunderstood, could set us years behind in our quest to uncover the true nature of gravity. I believe the idea of space time warp and forces of attraction between two masses are entirely different phenomenon, and this disparity is accentuated when we go deeper into smaller particles, I mean the quantum domain. So if anyone has contributions and clarifications, please do so in the light of these discrepancy.