Any author/title recommendations?

Jeremy Mallin

Hello. I'm new here. I'm a mechanical engineer and an artist. I've worked professionally in both fields. I've read many books on theoretical physics and cosmology by authors including Brian Greene, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking and Lisa Randall. Beyond engineering school requirements, I have not taken any advanced or theoretical physics courses.

Can anyone recommend any other good authors and titles to read on cosmology and theoretical physics?

I'm particularly interested in higher dimensional geometry/cosmology. Maybe something just a bit above lay person on the technical level for now. I have a fairly good intuitive grasp of mathematics but have not gone much beyond calculus and differential equations on the University level (and that was twenty years ago).

Thanks much. smile.png

I'm particularly interested in higher dimensional geometry/cosmology.

For string theory, which involves a lot of higher dimensional geometry I suggest you start with Barton Zwiebach's A First Course in String Theory.

Cosmology wise, I like Andrew Liddle's An Introduction to Modern Cosmology.

If you have more specific needs in mind, then I maybe able to recommend other books.

For string theory, which involves a lot of higher dimensional geometry I suggest you start with Barton Zwiebach's A First Course in String Theory.

Cosmology wise, I like Andrew Liddle's An Introduction to Modern Cosmology.

If you have more specific needs in mind, then I maybe able to recommend other books.

Thanks. Sounds great. I'll start with these.

• 1 year later...