Boyd Bushman

rambler

Hello All!!

I stumbled upon an interview of Boyd Bushman.. {who seems to have worked for Lockheed Martin, Hughes, etc etc... has a wiki page on him(??) }

In that he said somethings which were good enough to spark interest in high school physics...although a couple of mistakes viz. Lenz law analogy to anti-grav were present as well.

But something which caught my attention was that he said.. if we substitute e=mc^2 in Newton's Binomial equation... we get 4 fundamental forces along with 3 or 4 unknown forces.. (anti-grav might be one of them.. i intrepeted ..)

Now I am no maths guru to scrutinize the statement ... but as far as my meagre math skill goes.. i was just able to get mc2 + (1/2 v^2 )m +(1/4 v^4)m... etc.. of which i could recognize only kinetic energy and mass-energy equiv. .. i couldnt see gravity or electric force equations in familiar form.

could someone second the calculations?

Please note my topic is not to ask if he is true or fake... but merely wanting to know abt the Newton's Binomial expansion for E=mc2 and its feasibility.

Edited by rambler

Hello All!!

I stumbled upon an interview of Boyd Bushman.. {who seems to have worked for Lockheed Martin, Hughes, etc etc... has a wiki page on him(??) }

In that he said somethings which were good enough to spark interest in high school physics...although a couple of mistakes viz. Lenz law analogy to anti-grav were present as well.

But something which caught my attention was that he said.. if we substitute e=mc^2 in Newton's Binomial equation... we get 4 fundamental forces along with 3 or 4 unknown forces.. (anti-grav might be one of them.. i intrepeted ..)

Now I am no maths guru to scrutinize the statement ... but as far as my meagre math skill goes.. i was just able to get mc2 + (1/2 v^2 )m +(1/4 v^4)m... etc.. of which i could recognize only kinetic energy and mass-energy equiv. .. i couldnt see gravity or electric force equations in familiar form.

could someone second the calculations?

Please note my topic is not to ask if he is true or fake... but merely wanting to know abt the Newton's Binomial expansion for E=mc2 and its feasibility.

It's valid to do that, but you don't get new forces from it. The first term is the mass energy, the next is the familiar classical kinetic energy. Higher-order terms are corrections to the classical equation that come into play if v is not small, i.e. the classical equation no longer holds. But in those cases, rather than using a series expansion, one generally just uses the proper relativistic equation.