Psychic or trick test see if you can beat it?

Your link takes me to a page with a test that looks like someone else already took it ("I have already removed your card", it says), and I can't get it to reset. There are also no instructions, except the link on the word "try", which takes me to his book page. What am I doing wrong?

Your link takes me to a page with a test that looks like someone else already took it ("I have already removed your card", it says), and I can't get it to reset. There are also no instructions, except the link on the word "try", which takes me to his book page. What am I doing wrong?

When you go back to the home page choose esp experiment, it's really a trick...

The second set of cards contains none of the first set of cards so no matter which one you choose it's not in the second set...

Yeah, that's not even very clever, you're right. More dishonesty than mere trickery, since he claims it's a scientific experiment. :angry:

That's what's so amazing about it! It read your mind, time-traveled over the part where you pick a card, and STILL got it right without you ever knowing what happened (or didn't)!

Here's the start:

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/esp.html

The trick is in the Quantum Consistency value used. With the values it's reporting, it's no wonder weird stuff is happening. I suspect the server is located on some isolated island near a source of unique electromagnetic fluctuations.

That's what's so amazing about it! It read your mind, time-traveled over the part where you pick a card, and STILL got it right without you ever knowing what happened (or didn't)!

Here's the start:

http://sprott.physic...ckover/esp.html

The trick is in the Quantum Consistency value used. With the values it's reporting, it's no wonder weird stuff is happening. I suspect the server is located on some isolated island near a source of unique electromagnetic fluctuations.

*giggle snort* +1

Alan, seriously you can't figure that one out?

Go to thie link below!

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/esp.html

I knew before hand how he did it, he simply replaces all the cards in the second set. My grandson did puzzle me with this so-called ESP test a while ago. I put it here to see how scientific minds would solve the problem and you came up to the plate very promptly.

What really made me giggle :D and cause me to post it here was all the long drawn out and involved nonsensical even mystical explanations given by some people on his blog, for what is but a simple card trick. This guy is a bit dishonest in my opinion

Sorry for the distraction just a little fun on my part :rolleyes:

Edited by Alan McDougall

What really made me giggle :D and cause me to post it here was all the long drawn out and involved nonsensical even mystical explanations given by some people on his blog, for what is but a simple card trick.

I agree. I'm impressed by the creativity of some of the explanations. I searched for "I think" to quickly find some of the theories. Poe's law certainly applies. It is interesting as both examples, and satire, of the unscientific reasoning people use to explain phenomena.

I especially like the perhaps Lovecraft-like story about the cube found in the arctic.

dry.gif

PostedYesterday, 04:02 AM

Alan McDougall, on 16 August 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

"Below is a test that I tried in vain to beat"

Correct I tried in vain until I remembered my grandson giving me

this trick a year ago, I simply forgot!

Alan McDougall, on 17 August 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

"I knew before hand how he did it"

"Correct as I said my grandson showed me this trick a year or so ago!

I did not express myself correctly, I knew before hand is a correct statement because my grandson fooled me with it and then explained it to me!-

This guy is a bit dishonest in my opinion

He said it was a test of ESP ability when he knew very well it was a card trick, is that being honest?

Edited by Alan McDougall

• 2 months later...