Hawkings and philosophy

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know. But I would imagine that he is not very good at it, like so many scientists these days, so prefers to rubbish it.

But then I am not a fan of his approach, which seems to involve the worst kind of futile scientism.

The idea that physics can solve big problems while avoiding philosophy is so absurd that it does not need discussing.

Mind you, the way philosophy presents itself these days I can sympathise with anyone who thinks it is dead. I would agree with Hawkings as far as western academic philosophy goes. Fortunately this is not all of philosophy, just the collected footnotes to Plato.

• 4 weeks later...

Hawking also made the prediction that physics would come to en end within 10 years. That statement he made 24 years ago.

I think that the only thing which is going to be dead in 10 years from now is Hawking himself.

!

Moderator Note

Mohammad Shafiq Khan,

Welcome back from your holiday. Once again I remind you that you are not permitted to reintroduce your pet theory and that you are especially not allowed to hijack other threads with it. I have removed your comment from this thread.

Please also be aware that the next step should you choose to keep ignoring staff warnings is a permanent ban from SFN.