People who CAN'T lie

On 04/03/2012 at 7:17 PM, Joatmon said:

It seems to me that someone who never lies but always tells the truth might find him/herself in difficulties at times. e.g. "Does my bum look big in this?".

I've found the response "Your bum looks big in anything" is not always the best choice.

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Unless you're Kanye West... ;)

Sadly, or perhaps proudly, all I know of Kanye West is that they are some form of modern celebrity, probably American and either a musician or actor. I don't even know which sex, if any, they are. He or she probably knows the Kardashians, because apparently everybody, apart from myself and my aunt Ethel know the Kardashians (and she's dead). I only know of them because I read of them when confirming the seemingly implausible story that Bruce Jenner, outstanding Olympic decathlete was now transgender.

What does all this have to do with the OP? Precious little, but I got up late and needed to spout nonsense to clear my mind. Also, celebreties in general seem likely to be the very antithesis of people who don't lie. Discuss.

23 minutes ago, Area54 said:

Sadly, or perhaps proudly, all I know of Kanye West is that they are some form of modern celebrity, probably American and either a musician or actor. I don't even know which sex, if any, they are. He or she probably knows the Kardashians, because apparently everybody, apart from myself and my aunt Ethel know the Kardashians (and she's dead). I only know of them because I read of them when confirming the seemingly implausible story that Bruce Jenner, outstanding Olympic decathlete was now transgender.

What does all this have to do with the OP? Precious little, but I got up late and needed to spout nonsense to clear my mind. Also, celebreties in general seem likely to be the very antithesis of people who don't lie. Discuss.

You may not get the joke, but not every request for the truth demands a lie.

Q///Q i don't know how safe it is for me to flat out admit this but... i have been treated for autism all my life and from what i understand is i suffer from an unkown dissorder that seems to share symptomes with every form of brain dissorder in the autism spectrum and varrious features of mental illness including personality dissorders the closest way to describe it is its a form of PDD in wich inhibits the mind from fully maturing or maintaining full conciousness as in a constent lucid dream state and one of the biggest issues i have is not being able to lie even to save my own life for crying out loud T///T so if anybody could throw out a name for this its going to have to be me cause no amount of research is going to fully map my dissorder unless sombody else observes me for a year non stop while taking notes of my behavior so based on what ive learned from my problematic scocil life is that this unknown dissorder i have has an effect on my ability to have common sence and the ability to lie so you can imagine the amount of people who yell at me over the net i call this a distinctionism in wich is a extreemly high functioning disorder that takes pdd. to new hights and ones inteligence quoe but limits the ability to lie, say no, multi task, harbor malice, harber bitterness, and use common sence.... -///- *sighs*

Edited by O///O
i cut myself off

• 2 weeks later...

I am not amiss for reasons to give for the conditions of myself, rather than the conditions of others. It is always easy to think of the things one fancies the joys of thinking about. Yet few are there who actually know the difference between thinking and knowing, aside from the obvious semantical differences, of the words themselves. Experience of a thing thunk though, is never the experience of knowing the thing thought about. Many can argue or postulate to any degree they desire for some modicum of reason as they scurry about within their thinking to find reason for their experiences. Varied as those experiences may be, the majority will always default to the strongest running program within their neuro-thought map. For some, within that majority, the experience of a thing unfolds as a collection of abstract images related to previous experiences that enables them to relate to whatever the thing they are currently experiencing might be: on a mental level. Whilst for others, there are no abstractions or images of past experiences, there are rather waves of emotional associations that are tied to memories of similar events, relating to the thing that happens to remind them of that emotional experience: on an emotional level. Thinking is the process of not knowing. If you have to think of or about a thing then you clearly do not know it; just as faith is the evidence of non-belief. In order for one to have faith in something they must first, not truly believe in the thing: whatever that something might be. The first group I spoke of regarding those that make up the majority will find great contention with what I just said regarding faith. For them, they would argue that they can know a chair yet also have faith that the chair will support them when they go to sit upon it. I would point out to them that that is not faith per-se, rather it is blind-faith, which is something altogether different, whilst still requiring non-belief to be ever-present within the forefront of one’s mind. So, whether it is faith or blind-faith that must occur in order for an action to take place, the fact remains that non-belief must be present. The second group I mentioned, regarding those that make up the majority, will think to themselves how interesting what I said was to them. Yet they will find discomfort in what I wrote when speaking about thinking being the process of not knowing. For that second group, it is very important for them to be able to distinguish the differences between what they know and what they do not know. So to claim that anything they ever-discover their selves thinking about, is in fact evidence of not truly knowing what the subject is of their thinking is as an imaginary dagger in their heart. They would rather be dead than face any conclusions that claim that anything ever thought about is evidence of each and every one of those subjects thought about: not being truly known. Both groups that make up the majority of which I spoke, having in common an experience of a particular thing, whilst both assimilating the experiences differently, will equally claim a belief in common sense. To state a claim of there being a majority will infer a counter-claim of there being a minority. And any time a dichotomic word or phrase is used to describe an experience of two or more people, there can be no true consensus amongst those who are prone to anthropomorphically describing a non-humanoid experience.

The minority however, do not care in the slightest for anything to do with anything related to thinking, knowing, or feeling. They are the types who value stating a thing as it is, without worry nor concern of or about the effects it may have on whomever is witnessing the communication. These types are the ones who will be falsely accused of having some chronic neurodevelopmental disorders. These are the ones who crave a type of stimuli that they are in control of experiencing. For them, it is not about thinking, feeling, or knowing. Rather, it is about controlling the pictures that the thinking aspect of the mind produces. Many people, in times past, have mistakenly called this consciousness. So, let’s not confuse the aspectual tenses of time within the events of the thinker, knower, and doer of self: with an artificial intelligence called Consciousness. To say mind is simply not clear enough to define what mind is. For some, saying mind means a supra-dimensional collection of information floating about in the great aetheral realms of the unseen. Yet the anthropomorphication of the unseen divisions of mind into one deific principle, will produce no gain for the one seeking to understand their own self and/or the selves of others. Many will still hold claim though, that there is only one mind, and that mind is the mind of God: each person being the complete and total representation of that mind experiencing existence through the faculties of the primordial senses. It is rubbish and like many others they suffer the pseudo-joys of their own delusional thinking. And yes there is also a delusional knowing which is based upon beliefs that do not accurately testify to that which exists beyond the truth, and the lie. It is a place beyond the parameters of what languages can explain. Yet few exist within this state of being for they are desensitized to anything related to the present moment: that perpetual now. Nevertheless, to capture the attention of those that make up the minority, simply speak of anything related to the past or the future. By doing this you will have their complete and total attention on everything you say. The reason for this, is because they do not care about thinking, feeling or knowing: all of which exist within the present moment. So, thinking, feeling, and knowing are all experiences that they have no associative meanings tied to within their experiential fields due to the fact that their awareness is tied directly to the 6 aspectual tenses of time relating to future and past: of 9 total aspectual tenses of time.

[The Aspectual Tenses of Time are as follows: #1) Past-Past #2) Past-Present #3) Past-Future #4) Present-Past #5) Present-Present #6) Present-Future #7) Future-Past #8) Future-Present, and #9) Future-Future. The main categories of The Aspectual Tenses of Time are summed up into three main groups: Past, Present, and Future. Each Aspectual Tense of Time having 3 individual sub-categorical divisions: neither of them being the same as another.]

I realize I am touching ever-so-lightly upon the whole of this subject. Yet it is important to understand that in order to know a truth from a lie there must be a third level of awareness, which will testify to that both the truth and the lie are both created and maintained by a delusional mind. And furthermore, the truth and the lie are both anthropomorphically created perceptions that are designed to entrap one’s awareness into an enslavement to the artificial intelligence, called Consciousness. Some of you will agree with what I am saying whilst others of you will not understand, or might consider my writings to be high minded rhetoric. Yet the left eye has no knowing of what the right eye is doing for both eyes are consumed with the appearances of seeing. There remaineth though, a third eye that neither sees nor watches: yet remains the proverbial window through which Awareness observes. All of this merits deeper explanations. I just haven’t the time right now for the dance of extrapolations. I will close for now by saying that in order for one to only speak truth, just as for one that is a pathological liar, both are imprisoned within a state of delusional thinking. Albeit fair to say that one delusion is of lesser consequence than another, both bear their own degrees of suffering to the one that wields either of those proverbial swords-of-fate.

In all fairness though to the seeming sincerity of the OP (TransformerRobot) and the original topic of discussion: and after having furthered my analysis of the question, I returned here to say that in order for the question to be accurately answered to the depth of credibility the question deserves, more information is needed to reach a proper conclusion. The question is precipiced upon human beings actually existing beyond the confinements of delusional thinking. The issue for me in all of this, is that the question is anthropomorphicating that which is claiming to be human. And lastly, claiming a knowing of the truth along with claiming a knowing of a lie, are both evidentiary expressions of a delusional mind. Unfortunately some delusions are praised more than others. Yet, someone must be blamed if a profit is to be made.

• 9 months later...

My name is Colin, I do not wish to reveal my identity as my personality would be exploited but as you guys are mostly morons  haha  in a kind of nice way.. i thought i drop the coin for you all. I am unable to tell a lie no matter how hard i try and i have tried many times though not to deceive or trick anyone it just doesn't work.
Yes i admit i have a condition, i have several but conditions are only what others consider different from the norm. I am basically saying everyone is wrong and i am right.
Well from my prospective this is true however i have enough intelligence to know that it can never be possible to be right at everything but again i always stride to be near perfect for if i am perfect then i am wrong (If you understand what that means then you know more than you think or less than you know).

I believe the "Condition"  is learned and i think i know when it happened to me. My Mother and Father where very intelligent and taught us kids (3) to have deep thoughts and consideration to all life, thoughts and items in our care and others outside the zone. Only a poor intellectual person will assume that liars are intelligent for many reasons but lets assume what was said within this site. ..  Yes it may seam like a lie will get you what you want if applied correctly and may be considered to be intelligence. In fact there is nothing wrong with that and it is a level of intelligence. Deception. To deceive a person and or even thing takes a devious mind and inside a devious mind the being will delude themselves depending on how elaborate the deception is and intended and very likely will believe most they think to be true and honest.

But lets think about all of this..  You lie to get what you want and you achieve your goal, Yes that is quite intelligent. You may have the overhand of the other person and the comfort within yourself attached to your greed with satisfaction BUT you lost the true Empathy of caring for the other. Empathy and Compassion is a beautiful gift that keeps giving in both directions, Greed is taking, Selfish and Counter Productive to building relationships with others. Now lets look at it in a different way and this is a far better sign of intelligence... You know that making someone happy will get what you want and your own way...  Do this instead...  Make the other person Feel Happy knowing that what they have given you has made you happy by there choice and then you will feel solemn knowing that you not only made the other person happy but you raised yourself above and your intelligence ego gained a boost..  Hey if you have an Ego then you did something wrong.. The word should have been "Well Being".

Back to where i started. I find that i cant tell a lie even when i try and think about it and plan it in my head / mind...  when my mouth starts to speak its a bit like turret’s  in that i am thinking about what i want to say but my mouth tells the truth and then admits i tried to lie lol  Embarrassing to strangers but my friends know what i am like.

The "condition" is very good with friends that know about it but can be distressful to them and me when they are strangers and don't know me.
It is a "condition" i would never give up as it helps to build very fast trust and weed out fakes and users.  Now that’s a different story!
Being truthful to the soul of myself over proves to me that i am a good and kind person even if i do get used from time to time and even with my abilities
to avoid most of that. Even when i do get bumped i think to myself ...  I am a happy person and still happy though i feel sorry for the other person as they are missing so much in life not knowing what it is like to be true and i would also say pure.

For those that know about the Balance, Gaia, Karma, Buddhism, Spiritism, One with all, Harmony and the 7 Levels will understand where i am attempting to go with this
however that’s a different library, book, chapter and verse. I am happy to chat about this more in depth but i feel that i need to be shallow in this forum lol ..  no offence intended and not even to the stupid guy (You know who you are lol) A Thought: If we are of starstoft from the stars and we are the one then togetherness in diversity with all then lying to another is basically lying to yourself and what is the point of that !

Karma is a great factor in treating others with honesty and respect as if binds with your body and emotions and as emotions adjust pheromone levels that others pick up upon and then in turn feel no threat and encouraged to be kind back but that is a bit complicated to explain in here as i would fill all the capacity of the forum on the topic. Basically what goes around determines what comes around but it is actually the other way around. Like lightning does not strike the ground the ground attracts the lightning and as ground and earth in electricity is a Mass and Electrons are an item that attract to the mass and as electricity is drawn and not pushed in a circuit.

Regarding Marriage, Yes it is great when the truth is known and your partner can not lie but it can backfire too. However the intelligent partner shout teach the partner his or her ways and how to learn to learn and love the partner. It is not possible then i sadly say you have a partner that can not communicate  and will end up in a failed partnership or marriage. I Liked the members remark the most as i have a clear answer to help everyone in any relationship.

Relationships and Partnerships thrive on good communications and fail on the lack of it. I figured out when i was about 5 for sure that there is an element in relationships that contribute to near 100% breakups. Yep it happened to our family but i got in the middle and tried to mediate Yes i was 5. My Father and Mother where very intelligent and perfect with us kids but always fight each other... You may say that they where too alike and conflicted. Yes this was also true but what broke them was the inability to speak out and communicate about those nitty gritty everyday stuff, like... i don’t like the toilet seat open or the clothes on the floor etc..   Microbes of issues build up and always end up in an eruption and fallout and neither of the partners know where it even came from. Simple... The partner knows that you don’t lie....  Right!!!   Darling you smell a bit, please the knickers on the floor bug me as the kids keep using as hat (Sorry that was not called for but my point..) But being open and honest with the things that bug us help the other to learn what he or she likes and improve attitudes along with knowing what my partner does like and really likes and then the sex life is good too.

Lying is a form of Greed, Honesty is a form of Giving, Jealousy if the form of mistrust and lack of communication. Without being rude... When you make love to the partner you are in true love with (Your Soulmate not your Flossie... hmm) Then give rather than take  that means satisfy her or him before yourself and let her or him do likewise. You have to be able to give as well as let be given too.  I have a hard time with that but i am learning to let my partner give though i am quite good nether the less.
If you cant get on with these things then i don't recommend going deep into a relationship as you are likely to both get hurt. And more than anything, a failure will hurt a long time and probably interfere with a future relationship and feelings. I made so many spelling mistakes as i am about to publish this message i am going to cheat and spellcheck it..  Hmm i cant believe i just told you all that lol.  (23 Miss spelling  mostly to do with ie  and ei and 2 erroneous mistypes.)

“Does my Bum look big in this ?” , my reply though never happens..  “Darling, I married you only because of your luscious bum and its my Bum but I also love your Face and everything else”, “By the Way Darling your skirt it tucked into your knickers, let me adjust for you” Protecting her modesty.
I had to adjust things for my Friends that are Girls and they trust me. I lost my partner and am single for any other that can never lie but that would still be a challenge. All I ask is good communications and anything can work.

On 07/12/2015 at 1:51 AM, Jesse Jhon Andrews said:

If I were to lie about telling the truth, just so I could pretend that I was lying, then I wouldn’t be able to tell the truth, because I am incapable of lying. Yet if I were to tell the truth about a lie, just so I could feel what the thought of a lie felt like, then I could easily pretend to lie while only speaking the truth. The problem though is not in the pretending of either truth or lie, rather it is within the reality of knowing the difference. I am therefore compelled by a choice not my own to always speak the truth, while it remains my own choice to linger on telling the truth about lies so that I may feel closer to that which I normally would never had known the thought and feeling of. This allows me to feel normal within myself when literally everyone else I have ever met thrives on deception of self and others. I have no social circles for I am too direct to pretend interest in manipulative controls to create meaningless small-talk in order to simply pass the time of boredom like everyone else I have met does. I find such behaviors as being a sickness and end up feeling that I am a lone survivor of the deception gene; till my latter days of my adulthood, and then I started thinking everyone else to be normal and my Self to be the sick one. After all, who wants to be faced with the cold harshness of truth all the time. It has been my experience that truth-tellers are truth-thinkers. And truth-hoarders are the deceptive thinkers. And then there is the intense and relentless anxiety of always feeling isolated and alone with no one to share commonality with on any level of thought or emotion. This leads to further depression and more anxiety. To this day I remain single by force of whatever we choose to call this condition, if it can even be surmised as a condition at all. For me it started back when I was a six and one half years old. Yet it didn’t start with: knowledge about good or bad; or right vs. wrong; or truth vs. lie; rather, it started with paranormal abilities that at the time I nor my parents knew to call paranormal abilities. I do not desire to bore any of you with my entire history. I simply desired to share with you from one you speak about as if we cannot or do not exist unless there be some underlying mental psychosis of some kind. [Once-a-liar-always-a-liar] I have yet to experience the ability of once occurring. Though I remain hopeful that one day my will power will enable me to be like the majority. Maybe then I will no longer be single, a loner, and anxiety ridden with depression from being a social outcast, due to not being able to pretend the truth neath some smile of deception. Perhaps one day I will find that person that actually values truth speakers and will grow to rely on me rather than detest me at every turn. Perhaps that thought alone makes me delusional.

On 30/08/2017 at 7:13 PM, Area54 said:

I've found the response "Your bum looks big in anything" is not always the best choice.

Tell Her or Even Him if that’s the case..  Your Bum is Always Huge when my eyes delight catches it and it is a beautiful feature, draw attention to your own bum and compare if you would. Continue with other compliments like your Lips are large and soft luscious like a ripe strawberry..  NO  Bad thoughts naughty  look at her eyes when you say this..  Hmm  Getting too Psychic in here.

On 04/03/2012 at 7:31 PM, insane_alien said:

From extensive testing of this question in real life situations, there is no correct answer to this. The only option is to go for the response which cause you the least amount of grief.

There is actually. If a partner cant communicate then they have no way to trust you or partner / s
so best is to tell her the truth and make sure she knows that you are truthful and that’s the only way you are. When she asks you if her Bum  (BUM) is big then tell her the truth.  Yes Honey Your Bum is HUGE but that’s the way I like it B.A.B.E.   Honestly she wont ask that as she will only ask if she lacks confidence within herself or over conscience of her existence. If that is the case then she will need support. It is also another sign that she may not trust you especially if she then gets upset with your opinion / answer. Someone that trusts you will accept your answer yet will respect your output.

Does some Nice Honest Person that has the same "Condition" as me like to become my friend ?
She may become more than that. He can be a good friend, It is what i will always love, being a Rock, Tree or Earth.
and myself for being a good lifeform.

• 3 years later...

I wanted to revive this thread, because that always seems like a good idea, I am autistic we are still trying to lock down where on the spectrum but I have an inability to lie, the concept of lying is "off" to me it doesn't feel real in my head.

I am 51 and was married for 20 years to an amazing woman who unfortunately was very ill and died in 2018, she loved to paint and always asked me to critic her work knowing there would be no bias in my response, being unable to lie makes you understand just how much of a survival trait lying is, or deception, she always told me that she valued that honesty. So the "does my bum look fat?" the answer would be based on fact, knowing my Wife spent 3 months designing and creating her own dress, knowing how much that hurt her frail and weakened hands and knowing when she finished it there was flaws in the dress design and it didn't really suit her (not opinion), how do you think it made me feel to convey that to her.

I have never in my life been able to plan a surprise birthday party, I was never able to buy a present for someone early because I couldn't keep it hidden.

All the way to the other side of the coin where my Wife is laying in bed dying and she asked me how she was and I had to tell her.

To the moment when she had a double cardiac arrest and I knew enough about her heart condition to tell the Doctors to stop trying she isn't coming back.

And the truly dark and dangerous side an inability to lie to myself, which is not a great survival trait.

Your frankness and honesty is to be admired, athough I believe sometimes lying can be for the good.

We lie to little children for there own good...we sometimes discreetly lie to our friends, to avoid hurting them. 

The evil of lying is in lying for profit and gain, to avoid consequences of one's own doing, and in a vain effort to appear more than what one actually is.

Edited by beecee

5 hours ago, beecee said:

The evil of lying is in lying for profit and gain

So, every politician, everyone seeking a promotion, everyone in advertising/sales/marketing, every interrogator, every spy, every military commander planning battles...

Most societies value truthfulness because it is a part of social reputation.   As civilizations developed credit and trade, trustworthiness became more important because it was vital to know someone would keep their word, keep promises, supply what they said they would.  Lying robbed communities of trust and undermined collective action.  Lying about a commodity (false advertizing) can lead to overt harm, even death.  

In the OP, I noted the medical frankness with a spouse.  In that case, honesty is important because each individual has a right to know their situation and be able to plan their last days and prepare themselves.  No one has the right to censor medical information about your body and I would certainly hope when I am dying that people are truthful with me.  

I would remind Calranthe that Greta Thunberg, who has autism, credits her truthfulness with greatly helping her be an effective activist.  In interviews, it's always clear she sees the positive values of Asperger's.  As do I.

1 hour ago, TheVat said:

No one has the right to censor medical information about your body and I would certainly hope when I am dying that people are truthful with me.  

While I agree to a certain extent, like in most matters there is no absolute. People will make judgement calls based on their unique set of circumstances and in some cases it may be best to censor medical information. 

Yes, for sure there are exceptions that a reasonable person would carve out.  Young children who might not have the capacity to process some harsh truths.  Or someone with dementia, paired with an anxiety disorder.  Thanks for pointing out - I wasn't aiming at absolutes.

Twelve below zero when I walked downtown this morning.  If my toes are gone I don't want to know!