image of the numbers, the visual significance of numbers, multiply mirrored arc sacred clock

Sergey Nikolaev

185324_sacred_watch.gif

Interest in the intersection of the arcs with a direct allowed me to identify MULTI MIRROR ARC and, based on a SACRAL DISPLAYS

With his help increase readability, in which it is easy to determine the time to the nearest minute, single arrow on the dial in 24 hours.

The length of the outer circle is equal to the length of the "SACRED DIAL 24" from the inner circle with a radius of 3.863 ... times smaller outer circumference.

Just dial in the subject of the sacred, and built the logical form of numbers)

post-67078-0-72060700-1328764399_thumb.gif

So, you have re-invented the clock.

You divided your circle into 24 hours, which are each divided into 60 minutes, so it's essentially the same as any regular clock.

But, you need an incredibly thin line to point at only 1 minute, instead of multiple minutes at the same time.

In your picture, is it 18, 19 or 20 past 0 (or 24)? I cannot see the difference.

And why do you bother with the funny symbols? What's wrong with the regular numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc)? I've never seen your symbols before, and it looks like something that belongs in an Indiana Jones movie. What's so sacred about it? (And why would I care?)

So, you have re-invented the clock.

You divided your circle into 24 hours, which are each divided into 60 minutes, so it's essentially the same as any regular clock.

But, you need an incredibly thin line to point at only 1 minute, instead of multiple minutes at the same time.

In your picture, is it 18, 19 or 20 past 0 (or 24)? I cannot see the difference.

And why do you bother with the funny symbols? What's wrong with the regular numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc)? I've never seen your symbols before, and it looks like something that belongs in an Indiana Jones movie. What's so sacred about it? (And why would I care?)

It is 12.19, it is written in the center.

(...) And why do you bother with the funny symbols? What's wrong with the regular numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc)? I've never seen your symbols before, (...)

Neither do I.

But there is inventivity. It is not so easy to replace existing numerals.

The outer symbols are easily understandable. Zero is below, counting clockwise. Logic is simple. Good.

It is 12.19, it is written in the center.

No it is 00:07 , which is 7 minutes after midnight. Still don't understand the reason for symbols though.Is the point being, the smaller circumference the more accurate the clock?

Edited by JustinW

No it is 00:07 , which is 7 minutes after midnight. Still don't understand the reason for symbols though.Is the point being, the smaller circumference the more accurate the clock?

It is written 12:19 in the center, can't you read?

ScreenShot140.jpg

And on the clock each bold dot equals 5min.

Edited by michel123456

It is written 12:19 in the center, can't you read?

ScreenShot140.jpg

And on the clock each bold dot equals 5min.

This post has been edited by michel123456: Today, 01:57 PM

It's a 24hr clock. If it was a regular clock with 12 numbers I would say it was 12. The first symbol can only be 0 or 24. The second symbol is 7. If you're reading the time provided by the line I would agree with the 19 part, but would still have to say that it is either 00:19 or 24:19. Of course I'm not familiar with Russian so if I'm wrong about the way this thing reads please explain how.

It's a 24hr clock. If it was a regular clock with 12 numbers I would say it was 12. The first symbol can only be 0 or 24. The second symbol is 7. If you're reading the time provided by the line I would agree with the 19 part, but would still have to say that it is either 00:19 or 24:19. Of course I'm not familiar with Russian so if I'm wrong about the way this thing reads please explain how.

The first number is down.

It goes this way

ScreenShot142.jpg

The peculiar is that in the 2nd system the star of David represents both number 24 and zero, and that it is not decimal.

Edited by michel123456

But what is the purpose of contriving a new numeral system? There are already plenty.

I don't know. I tried once, for exercise, to see what ancient people had to face in creating numerals from scratch. It's not that easy. Most of the times you create a pictogram and find out it has some other meaning somewhere as a letter or symbol. It is really difficult to create something new. I understand why ancient greeks used letters, it's the most obvious way to handle the question.