Cost of Valentines day

TonyMcC

In another topic several members were moaning about what a waste of money buying a valentines card would be. I haven't been able to find that topic.

If a moderator wants to add this to that topic that would be fine by me.

I see in today's press that Asda, a subsidiary of Walmart, is selling a Valentine's card for 7p.( about 11 cents). Come on lads, surely a smile from your beloved would be worth that amount? Think of the pleasure such a gesture would give her. I don't think I'll try it with my wife however - she would probably hit me with something hard and metallic from the kitchen! What do the girls on the forum think, I wonder? Would an 11c card be better than no card at all?

Edited by TonyMcC

I've known girls who "reached for the moon", but perhaps the whole solar system in one go is a bit much - lol.

Can't really buy chocolates for my wife as she is diabetic.

Hope you know someone who can take a hint!

Edited by TonyMcC

Can't tell you, I've never been in a relationship/had a valentine.

I find this hard to believe. Is it just because you haven't been in the US very long?

But I think a hand made card would be nicer than any of those options, and it doesn't cost anything. You should write your wife a poem.

Absolutely. And put a little cologne on it. Anything that engages the senses is a nice attention to detail your valentine will really appreciate.

Or these because they're awesome;

http://theawesomer.c...-system/147603/

The outer planets give me gas.

Can't tell you, I've never been in a relationship/had a valentine. But I think a hand made card would be nicer than any of those options, and it doesn't cost anything. You should write your wife a poem.

Or these because they're awesome;

http://theawesomer.com/chocolate-solar-system/147603/

I write my wife poetry, once I had a poem I wrote for her carved in a rock and gave it to her....

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends on the lady. I know women who cry and whine if they do not get dinner and a gift. However, I appreciate it when my lover shows a sense of compassion towards others. Material things mean much less than the evolution of feelings and common understanding. but I did get an electric blanket... and I LOVE IT! :wub: