Names

Tres Juicy

Hi all,

Just wondering about peoples names here:

How you came about them?

How you pronounce them?

What they mean?

Mine is Tres Juicy:

Tres from the French "Trés" (pronounced "trey or tray" - meaning "very")

And Juicy

Stemming from the fact that we used to call anything good/cool "juicy" which evolved over time to "trés juicy" due to working with a French guy.

Eg: "Bob's got some trés juicy kit in his house" or "Pete just landed a trés juicy deal"

I stole it for my online alias about 9 years ago and have used it ever since.

What about you guys?

Hi all,

Just wondering about peoples names here:

How you came about them?

How you pronounce them?

What they mean?

Mine is Tres Juicy:

Tres from the French "Trés" (pronounced "trey or tray" - meaning "very")

And Juicy

Stemming from the fact that we used to call anything good/cool "juicy" which evolved over time to "trés juicy" due to working with a French guy.

Eg: "Bob's got some trés juicy kit in his house" or "Pete just landed a trés juicy deal"

I stole it for my online alias about 9 years ago and have used it ever since.

What about you guys?

Mine was given me by a friend for a game called "strike force" a multiplayer wargame played in teams. The reason was I'm rubbish and would blunder around somehow not dying and killing other players mostly by accident. The name also works for my poker name ;) and seems unique as a user name so I use it everywhere. Good Question...:rolleyes:

I dunno actually. I guess I have the name CaptainPanic because I typed it into the box where you enter a nickname when you sign up, and it was still free?

p.s. Tres Juicy, I think you have an English accent in your French even when you type it. :D

Here's a link to "très". Of course, your name will always sound like you say it sounds, so I'll read it with the English accent from now on ;)

I dunno actually. I guess I have the name CaptainPanic because I typed it into the box where you enter a nickname when you sign up, and it was still free?

p.s. Tres Juicy, I think you have an English accent in your French even when you type it. :D

Here's a link to "très". Of course, your name will always sound like you say it sounds, so I'll read it with the English accent from now on ;)

Yes, I should have provided a link rather than just tried to type it!

My spoken French is of course flawless ;)

mine is a non-random group of letters (if you do know why it is not random please don't blast it on the boards) - the benefits are that I think I am the only person who uses it and that it is pronounceable and could be a name. I have seen posts that claim to know the part of the world I hail from because of the name - which as I made it up is quite something.

mine is a non-random group of letters (if you do know why it is not random please don't blast it on the boards) - the benefits are that I think I am the only person who uses it and that it is pronounceable and could be a name. I have seen posts that claim to know the part of the world I hail from because of the name - which as I made it up is quite something.

Why did you choose it?

Now you've intigued me...

mississippichem...I'm a chemist and I live in Mississippi (a state in the United states for those that don't have the entire globe memorized).

Regardless of what mooeypoo tells you...I am male and the appearance of the suffix miss- in my name is purely coincidental.

I use this username anywhere on the internet that involves science, including a few forums and several blogs as a frequent commenter.

mississippichem...I'm a chemist and I live in Mississippi (a state in the United states for those that don't have the entire globe memorized).

Regardless of what mooeypoo tells you...I am male and the appearance of the suffix miss- in my name is purely coincidental.

I use this username anywhere on the internet that involves science, including a few forums and several blogs as a frequent commenter.

All this time I'd been reading it as Miss is sip pi chem. In other words, I took you for a female who enjoys tea, math and chemistry. It's a compliment, really.

My name comes from a class of chemical reagents that have been the focus of my work for the past year. Somewhat uninteresting and certainly lacking a witty back story (I'm sure I could come up with one, though), but it gets the point across.

I used to change the brand of my guitar strings with considerable frequency and I got called it by a friend of mine which quite amused me at the time. I used it first on an acoustic forum and couldn't be bothered to have a different name wherever i join up so StringJunky it is.

zapatos is the Spanish version (plural) of my last name. I happened to be teaching myself some Spanish at the time so that I would have no trouble finding tequila y cerveza on an upcoming trip to Mexico. As far as I can remember my search was successful...

zapatos is the Spanish version (plural) of my last name. I happened to be teaching myself some Spanish at the time so that I would have no trouble finding tequila y cerveza on an upcoming trip to Mexico. As far as I can remember my search was successful...

Kind of sounds like an online shoe store. But if my intuition doesnt fail me that joke has been already played in your profile comments.