865 replies to this topic

#41 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNear Leicester, UK

Posted 8 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

In the clubs I prefer Break Beat as it tends to be somewhat more civilized and is less inciting towards everyone taking their clothes off--although this wouldn't bother me much at all, most club goers are not so open minded as myself.

I did read up a bit about dubstep - but it's not really to my taste. I guess musically I'm a dinosaur stuck in the'50's and'60's.

Now you are making me feel old. I could embarrass my grandchildren just by going into a club or disco with them. As for taking my clothes off - better not go there!Posted Image

Edited by Joatmon, 8 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Trying to make some sense of it all,

But I can see that it makes no sense at all

#42 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationDelta, BC; Canada

Posted 8 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

I did read up a bit about dubstep - but it's not really to my taste. I guess musically I'm a dinosaur stuck in the'50's and'60's.

Now you are making me feel old. I could embarrass my grandchildren just by going into a club or disco with them. As for taking my clothes off - better not go there!Posted Image

Dubstep mixes a lot of music over the last century. DJs often incorporate early Jazz as well as Rhythm and Blues.

I don't think most people would enjoy most things that I listen too. I think the underlying cues are often too subtle for most to appreciate. The NIN that I posted earlier is an example where even the most avid NIN fans aren't really aware of this album because it wasn't well understood. I don't know where my taste comes from but I think it relates to my excessive and distorted emotional state. I find it very hard to identify with most people and this suggests to me that what is going on inside of me is not entirely the same as everyone else. I guess I'm saying that maybe I have an underlying chemical imbalance or something that affects my perception and so I listen to weird things. For the books I do not do drugs nor condone them!
"He is their god! He leads them like a thing made by some other deity than Nature that shapes man better. And they follow him against us brats with no less confidence than boys pursuing summer butterflies, or butchers killing flies." - Cominius; Shakespears Coriolanus

#43 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 8 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Dubstep mixes a lot of music over the last century. DJs often incorporate early Jazz as well as Rhythm and Blues.

I don't think most people would enjoy most things that I listen too. I think the underlying cues are often too subtle for most to appreciate. The NIN that I posted earlier is an example where even the most avid NIN fans aren't really aware of this album because it wasn't well understood. I don't know where my taste comes from but I think it relates to my excessive and distorted emotional state. I find it very hard to identify with most people and this suggests to me that what is going on inside of me is not entirely the same as everyone else. I guess I'm saying that maybe I have an underlying chemical imbalance or something that affects my perception and so I listen to weird things. For the books I do not do drugs nor condone them!

Perhaps my age will allow me to say this in a Grandfatherly way without it being misunderstood:- Although I obviously don't know you, I sense that any man who can forge a link with you on an emotional level will be very fortunate.

#44 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 8 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Perhaps my age will allow me to say this in a Grandfatherly way without it being misunderstood:- Although I obviously don't know you, I sense that any man who can forge a link with you on an emotional level will be very fortunate.

I wouldn't say that too loud if I were you, you very obviously do not know me that well--this is however, not really a topic for forum discussion . . . . .

"He is their god! He leads them like a thing made by some other deity than Nature that shapes man better. And they follow him against us brats with no less confidence than boys pursuing summer butterflies, or butchers killing flies." - Cominius; Shakespears Coriolanus

#45 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

#46 shah_nosrat

shah_nosrat

Quark

• Senior Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Seattle's Calling - by Burn The Charts
According to Leibniz, we can calculate whether a proof is correct. This will need a suitable language (a universal characteristic) for writing proofs.

#47 Moontanman

Moontanman

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 9,597 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern North Carolina

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

and this

Life is the poetry of the Universe
Love is the poetry of life

You do not possess belief, belief possesses you...

I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't let them crawl into my skull and take a dump... 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but illusion of knowledge.” — Stephen Hawking

"In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ~ thomas jefferson

Religion evaporates in the light of critical inquiry much like the morning dew in the light of the rising sun... 

Check out my YouTube channel here.

If I was helpful, let me know by clicking the [+] sign ->

#48 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Sorry - still having trouble getting videos to play! Will try something else!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=f1pzXJuvdAY

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

► 2:51

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jZeXvpyZQ

Edited by Joatmon, 10 March 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#49 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Have you tried using the share button on the youtube page Jo? Click it and copy and paste the short URL without changing it . . . . you can also test your posts by using the full editor here and clicking preview post.

Hmmm shared link didn't work . . .

So yeah stop using the shared URL Jo!

Edited by Xittenn, 10 March 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#50 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Have you tried using the share button on the youtube page Jo? Click it and copy and paste the short URL without changing it . . . . you can also test your posts by using the full editor here and clicking preview post.

Hmmm shared link didn't work . . .

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

So yeah stop using the shared URL Jo!

http://www.youtube.c...ideo&playnext=1

I'm going to give it a rest before I start pulling my hair out. Lucky to have hair to pull out at my age - lol! I bet I'm doing something simple incorrectly.

This is all I'm doing:-
Get my video so it plays in another window.
Copy the URL.
Come back to Scienceforums.
Press "Reply", or "Fast reply"
Paste the URL (which comes out full length)
Press "Add reply".
Go to "View new content" and select my post.
When I see my post I have the shorter URL and no automatic load.
Can you spot my mistake??

It seems that Scienceforums itself is shortening my URL!

If I press"Edit" and fill in the missing parts of the URL that doesn't help.

Edited by Joatmon, 10 March 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#51 Arete

Arete

Biology Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Whilst dealing with the reviewer who says "change something trivial and redo ALL THE ANALYSIS!"

Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine.
If you like things that sound similar to what Mike Patton does, you'll like them too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYkL_VSXwFc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZncEPhWUDsw

#52 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Oh no, oh no, oh no!

Edited by Joatmon, 10 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#53 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Ma pauvre petite choux!

#54 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ma pauvre petite choux!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kp1FRKc24Zk

Merci - or perhaps mercy!!!

Just wondering - are you French-Canadian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jzx664u5DA

Edited by Joatmon, 10 March 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#55 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

My mothers side is French Acadian and I was taught in French until grade 8 where in grade 9 I opted to learn in English instead. I see you got one . . . . .

#56 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Merci - or perhaps mercy!!!

Just wondering - are you French-Canadian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jzx664u5DA

After all that I needed some soothing music - My wife, when a girl, sang in a pub with Acker Bilk in a village near both their homes - The Ring 'o Bells in Hinton Blewitt.
Xittenn, Perhaps you don't mind some soothing music sometimes?

Edited by Joatmon, 10 March 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#57 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Me? Never . . . .

#58 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Still having problems with videos!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Joatmon, 11 March 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#59 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Still having problems with videos!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Issues??

#60 Joatmon

Joatmon

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Posted ImageYes, something just doesn't click. I am beginning to wonder about things like firewall and software clashes!

Do me a favour Xittenn. If you would be so kind tell me in detail every single step you make from listening to a video to actually getting it to work on the forum. This is your chance to make an old man very happy.Posted Image

Edited by Joatmon, 11 March 2012 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users