Calculus paper

blike

• 1 month later...

If you haven't already written your paper, chemistry also has many uses for calculus. I will find them by tommorow and let you know. So if you have any interest in chemistry, this topic might be a good essay topic for you.

Yeah then I will definatly talk to my teacher about the calc of chem for you. But as someone said before, calc is more prominent in college physcis, since Issac Newton came up with calculus(some uncertainty about that, but most books seem to accept it), but whatever he did, he was definatly a pioneer in Calculus.

Originally posted by ringmaster

Yeah then I will definatly talk to my teacher about the calc of chem for you. But as someone said before, calc is more prominent in college physcis, since Issac Newton came up with calculus(some uncertainty about that, but most books seem to accept it), but whatever he did, he was definatly a pioneer in Calculus.

Newton invented calculus to solve the problem of gravitational attraction and gravitation force in general, which, on a sidenote is quite astounding. To invent a completely new area of mathematics (and such a diverse branch at that) to solve a problem and then use it to the breadth that he did is a sure sign of genius.

Newton's genius is quite underrated. Most people see the formula F=ma and think "big deal, thats simple." They should look out how he derived that relationship. Very interesting. They way he did it is completely different from techniques everyone else uses too.

• 18 years later...
42 minutes ago, Superkidsavee said:

Wow all of you were talking before I was born

Some of us were talking before your mum and dad were born, I imagine. 

But you are replying to an 18 year old thread, with a rather pointless post. If you do that, people will think you are an internet robot or something. 

1 hour ago, Superkidsavee said:

That's nothing. The iron in your blood carrying oxygen to your brain, so you can type, was born before the Sun was born. :D

3 hours ago, Superkidsavee said:

Some of us are what could be described as old farts. But remember, us old farts are there! You have yet to get there! 😉