CloudComputing

harsh717

Hi, my name is harsh, am doing my final year in computer science, and i was very much interested to a project on cloud computing. I have basic understanding of what a cloud is and i wanted to do a project on Software As A Service(SaaS) cloud computing, please help me, n tell me where do i begin from??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Harsh

662px-Cloud_computing.svg.png

This is from Wikipedia, a figure that illustrate the different levels of cloud computing ...

SaaS is in the application level, service layer ...

You have to be aware that when you are working in Cloud computing, you are not dealing with physical parts of any device .. you simply

work in a cloud, the only thing you can see is resources, storage resources, processing resources, ..etc .. you utilize number of resources

to provide some service in your case,

Your work will be either that you build a Cloud Service, that requires you to learn how to work in a cloud system of your choice, or you find

an existing cloud service, and improve it ...

.. good luck

• 5 years later...

I see this is an old thread but I'll put my question here.

Does anyone have some experience in sharing their PC resources with some company?

As there are big and small practitioners, does it pay off for the average home renting user?

Has anyone made some analysis of monthly earnings for average i5 processor and what's the life expectancy of normal and rented processor, etc?