Gas Exchange in Plants and Animals

Wassouf

Living cells require energy for the activities of life. Energy is released in every cell by the process of Cellular Respiration. In this process glucose is oxidised to produce energy. Gases need to be exchanged between the cells undergoing Cellular Respiration and the environment. In most organisms these gases are oxygen and carbon dioxide.

You are to compare the structures and processes involved in gas exchange in an Angiosperm, Insect, Fish, Amphibian and a mammal.

- The purpose of gas exchange in these organisms

- The structures involved for exchanging gases in each of the above organisms.

- How gases are exchanged between the organisms and its environment.

- Why the organisms has these special structures/processes (relate to the different environments).

Please If you can answer any just do it and you will help me alot ;)...

Thanks indeed,

Wassouf

Fish

Structure:

http://www.erin.utoronto.ca/~w3bio325/Fish%20gill%20ventilation.htm

This is all i have time for now...i'll try and find some more after i come back from college. Try to find out about each individual creature' date=' then compare; mammals and fish should be easy enough.[/quote']

right thanks for that :) ...

btw Sayonara, that was so nice ...

- The purpose of gas exchange in these organisms

asking this type of relatively easy question shows that you can't be bothered to do a little bit of research. try searching at http://www.imtoolazy2doanything.com :mad:

sorry to seem a little harsh.......

....but u really do deseve it for these questions :rolleyes:

woah guys, lool chill down, my assignment is due 2 weeks from now so i thought to post the Assign. question in here so that maybe I would recieve couple answers untill I start working and researching it...

LoL im not lazy but I still didnt start,,,

A couple of quick answers to help get you started.

Living cells require energy for the activities of life. Energy is released in every cell by the process of Cellular Respiration. In this process glucose is oxidised to produce energy. Gases need to be exchanged between the cells undergoing Cellular Respiration and the environment. In most organisms these gases are oxygen and carbon dioxide.

You are to compare the structures and processes involved in gas exchange in an Angiosperm' date=' Insect, Fish, Amphibian and a mammal.

- [b']The purpose of gas exchange in these organisms[/b]

Provide oxygen to cells for respiration obviously, plus in autotrophs carbon dioxide is required for photosynthesising cells.

- [b']The structures involved for exchanging gases in each of the above organisms.[/b]

Angio: stomates, lenticels- Insect: spiracles, trachea - Amphibians: skin, nostrils, lungs - mammal: nostrils, lungs