Transparent Colorless waterbased Gel. How to?

netrat

Nothing is completely transparent. A gel would be problematic for optical instruments since its size/shape would change if water content changed, and you would have humidity in your instrument maybe fogging up your lenses.

I have planned to protect the instrument inside airtight glass casing. Only The complex shapes made of glass inside the instrument will be replaced by gel.

A little color is tolerable. But not like agar gel which finally turns yellow.

Some hair gels are completely colorless. But Is it possible to make a cheap(cheaper than shaped glass) water-based gel?

I have planned to protect the instrument inside airtight glass casing. Only The complex shapes made of glass inside the instrument will be replaced by gel.

A little color is tolerable. But not like agar gel which finally turns yellow.

Some hair gels are completely colorless. But Is it possible to make a cheap(cheaper than shaped glass) water-based gel?

See the wikipedia article for aerogel. That's the closest thing I can think of. There they're hard to make though, and are fairly hygroscopic (water makes them lose their transparency).

Edited for stupidity

Edited by mississippichem

• 2 weeks later...

cheap generic sex lube is clear....at least the one i have right now is, its mostly water and glycerin and a few other ingredients. its just plain "water based lubricating jelly" no flavors or anything like that and it appears to be perfectly clear to me