Welcome to the new SFN!

The +/- feature alters your reputation. You just can't leave comments.

It seems possible to boost your own reputation by giving credit to your own posts, is that intended?

(I ask since the +/- feature appears on them too, but not on posts already voted on.)

[EDIT] Ok, I tested on this post and my vote seems to have gone through...

I think you will need to prevent this or the reputation system will inflate.

aha. Is negative reputation available?

Yes. However, you're strongly limited in giving negative reputation -- you can give ten positive reputation points in a day, but only one negative one.

(I think that's how it's set up. If it isn't, that's what I'm changing it to.

It seems possible to boost your own reputation by giving credit to your own posts, is that intended?

(I ask since the +/- feature appears on them too, but not on posts already voted on.)

[EDIT] Ok, I tested on this post and my vote seems to have gone through...

I think you will need to prevent this or the reputation system will inflate.

I'll see if there's a way to change that. There wasn't last I checked.

Hi Capn

I seem to be allowed to edit all my posts - weeks after they have been made. If I was a more unethical person, I could edit and improve all my posts :rolleyes:

This isn't deliberate policy is it? :)

I have just edited this post after a day.

Edited by jimmydasaint

You can't attach through Quick Reply, so be sure to hit Add Reply if you intend to attach. Then scroll down just below the post box to Attachments, browse, upload, and so on.

Hello.

This is related to my post #43 above. Attaching image links as a workaround to what I was trying to explain, as cannot discern the way to insert pictures.

This shows me logged in at right upper corner with message of not being able to access..

---> Screenshot.png

And in this one cannot find the "Attachments" option :

---> Screenshot-2.png

Hope this post will show up :blink:

Thank you, Captain.

Ah, I see. I hadn't granted anyone permission to attach files in this forum. Should be fixed now.

The first error you see has me baffled. Others have reported it -- they get an error when they try to view any category. But I don't know why. For the moment, I'd suggest browsing from the forum index and only selecting forums, not categories. I'll try to track it down.

WOW this is the first time I have accepted change as good (when it comes to something we have used to, getting changed) :) It is funny I actually like the new site better. Well done for everyone involved in this :D

Edited by scilearner

Just a note for everyone: the Search box in the upper right now correctly handles searching the Blogs, so you can search for a favorite blog post if you so desire. Also, you'll notice a new tab when using View New Content that displays any blog posts since your last visit, and a similar tab in View Active Content that displays blog posts over the last day or so. And remember to sign up for the global blog RSS feed! You can even get it by email.

Also, blogs now have a unified header (when the theme supports it) linking back to ScienceForums.Net and our global RSS feed. I hope to spread the word of ScienceForums.Net Blogs and get all of you more readers and more audience.

Go out and blog!

Hi Capn

I seem to be allowed to edit all my posts - weeks after they have been made. If I was a more unethical person, I could edit and improve all my posts :rolleyes:

This isn't deliberate policy is it? :)

I have just edited this post after a day.

Hmm. Fixed.

It seems that even simple edits within a few minutes of submitting a post are resulting in a "This post has been edited" message at that bottom.

I'd like to expand the time frame where edits are allowed before that message appears. I very frequently re-read and tweak my posts after they have been submitted, and I'd like to be able to do so without that message appearing (yes, I know I can use the Advanced Editor, but it's not the same... It's a formatting/style thing where I see how I might word things differently within the context of the surrounding posts).

So, can we expand the window of time allowed before the "This post has been edited" message appears?

Also, I'd like to request that edits be allowed either 1) for a full day after they've been submitted, and then locked; or 2) Any time up to the point that a response is made.

I like a combination of both, actually. You can either edit up to 24 hours after making a post OR until someone has added a response below yours... If someone adds a response, you can no longer edit.

Can we do this? Should I instead add this suggestion to the "What would you change?" thread? Thanks.

There's no configurable time window in which edits "don't count"; either you show Edited By all the time or let people hide it even when editing ten hours later. I'm not sure what the best way to handle it is.

The current edit time limit is ten hours. I can't easily do until-a-reply-appears, although of course there may be plugins to customize the behavior. But you've already got your time limit doubled from the old setting.

There's no configurable time window in which edits "don't count"; either you show Edited By all the time or let people hide it even when editing ten hours later. I'm not sure what the best way to handle it is.

The current edit time limit is ten hours. I can't easily do until-a-reply-appears, although of course there may be plugins to customize the behavior. But you've already got your time limit doubled from the old setting.

10 hours is fine, but is that a NO for the rest of the idea, or a "I'll be sure to check and get back to you one way or the other?"

• 2 years later...

thanks friend

i happy to being member of you

How i post my problem facing in my business and how to improve it plz tell me how to post my post in sciencefourms.net

Pick the most appropriate section (Engineering, Chemistry, Other Sciences, etc.), go there and click the Start New Topic button at the top right. Give it a descriptive title and then describe your problem. Please don't advertise your business, since links or any type of promotion/marketing in a thread is against the rules.

Welcome!