Welcome to the new SFN!

OK, I think I have a bead on this. I can't use a bookmark to go to any blog admin page, unless it's after I have gotten into the SFN forums (except for the initial login when it still didn't work). Thus far I can still get in if I have an SFN page open or I have visited SFN very recently. So perhaps there's an auto-logout feature whose timeout can be reset, or it's not recognizing that I want to stay logged in. What is also annoying is that trying to get into one of the admin features doesn't even redirect me to a login page.

More data: while composing a blog post, which took several minutes, I noticed a warning appear that I was no longer logged in. Which suggests to me there's a logout-timeout setting involved, of perhaps five minutes.

there seems to no longer be a clear indicator of which posts you've read and which are new(the little orange bit on posts at the end of a thread) it'd be handy if you brought those over.

also, i used to have threads set up to view as 100 or so posts per page instead of 10. not sure how you change that here.

there seems to no longer be a clear indicator of which posts you've read and which are new(the little orange bit on posts at the end of a thread) it'd be handy if you brought those over.

That may be doable; however, when you click the new_post.png link to get to a thread, it should take you to the first unread post anyway.

also, i used to have threads set up to view as 100 or so posts per page instead of 10. not sure how you change that here.

Default is 20, and it's only admin-changeable, unfortunately.

There used to be a 'get all new posts' button at the top which I used on every visit to see what had been posted regardles of which specific forum it ws in. Is it no longer a feture of the new SFN?

I always found it very useful; everything in one place and in chronological order.

Other than that, I'm loving the new look SFN, the new logo aint too bad either :eyebrow:

There used to be a 'get all new posts' button at the top which I used on every visit to see what had been posted regardles of which specific forum it ws in. Is it no longer a feture of the new SFN?

I always found it very useful; everything in one place and in chronological order.

Other than that, I'm loving the new look SFN, the new logo aint too bad either :eyebrow:

Screen shot 2010-07-14 at 3.05.31 PM.png

That what you're looking for?

That's what I was looking for :doh:

I couldn't quite see it as half the text doesn't display

i.e. I can only see the top half of the text.

Hmm. Could you take a screenshot of this problem and show me? If there's some text being obscured, I'll have to fix it.

post-305-069066800 1279137952_thumb.png

That what you're looking for?

no, i found that one.

i mean in the thread itself.

i don't have any images which would make this easy but there was a little marker that looked a bit like a post-it note on the bar at the top of the post with the user name that would be either orange(the post was made since the last time you logged on) or pale blue(its older than that).

it's handy for finding where you left a thread.

no, i found that one.

i mean in the thread itself.

i don't have any images which would make this easy but there was a little marker that looked a bit like a post-it note on the bar at the top of the post with the user name that would be either orange(the post was made since the last time you logged on) or pale blue(its older than that).

it's handy for finding where you left a thread.

I'm afraid no such thing exists. You'll have to rely on the search results directing you to the first unread post in the thread, as they're supposed to.

Hello and thanks for the improvement of the forum and all the effort behind it.

There is a weird behavior:

Logged in (right top on the image) get the message of being unable to access . - Running Linux- A snapshot of the screen attached.

Oooops; another one. Trying to insert or attach the image mentioned above, from the options "Insert image" and "insert media" I get no choice to browse my compfuser contents to select the image :(

Hello and thanks for the improvement of the forum and all the effort behind it.

There is a weird behavior:

Logged in (right top on the image) get the message of being unable to access . - Running Linux- A snapshot of the screen attached.

Oooops; another one. Trying to insert or attach the image mentioned above, from the options "Insert image" and "insert media" I get no choice to browse my compfuser contents to select the image :(

You can't attach through Quick Reply, so be sure to hit Add Reply if you intend to attach. Then scroll down just below the post box to Attachments, browse, upload, and so on.

I see the "rate post plus minus" feature, but it looks like the Thanks for This Post feature is gone. Am I just overlooking that, too? If not, does that mean my rep is at it's eternal plateau where it stood before upgrade?

Members can optionally change their "display names" -- the name that is shown in threads and so on. (The username they use to login stays the same.) The display name history lets you see what names someone's used in the past.

Is this feature to remain? IIRC, on the old version, names had to be changed by the staff. IMO, that's a good idea to help prevent confusion.

Is this feature to remain? IIRC, on the old version, names had to be changed by the staff. IMO, that's a good idea to help prevent confusion.

It's strictly limited. You can't change more than twice a year, and I may change that to once a year. I'm not sure, though; I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.