Welcome to the new SFN!

I can't get into my blog admin. It tells me I don't have permission; I tried this after logging in to the forums.

Edit: working now, though I see this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_row() on a non-object in /www/blogs.scienceforums.net/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/ipbint.php on line 211

Edit, mark II: now it's not. It's gone psychotic.

——

Also, LaTex doesn't seem to be rendering properly.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/50679-basic-em-two-electrons-in-a-vacuum/

I had a problem with login.

I managed through the "forgotten password" procedure, and it works well now.

Wonderful site. Good job.

----------------------

Using the full editor, the fonts appearing when writing are different from those when posted, leading to some confusion.

AWWWWEEESSSOME!!

it's reaaal great..thanks a million guys..real refreshing..like christmas come early.

one thing i'de hope get fixed, many forums based on vbulletin show the same mini icon on tabs, making you confuse tabs of different forums, scienceforums used to have that atom icon, now it doesn't, so i'm mixing it with tabs of other forums..

but otherwise this thing is terrific.

the pics i tried are both big in size and dimensions, it gives a red error message that "The file you uploaded is too large."

as for theicon, it shows this774ebf9ba086e71460ddaae64713124a3cd504e3-vbulletin.gif

I think there's a file size limit (in kilobytes) as well as a dimension limit.

Fudge, you're right about the favicon though, mine must have been cached. Fixed.

Links to the "old" SFN appear to be broken.

When viewing a member's posts or topics in the profile, I only see one page's worth.

Check links again - I just fixed one problem (some showthread.php links didn't work). If you find any others that don't work, can you paste the links for me? I'll try to fix the redirect scripts.

The topics and posts thing is by design, I think - use the Find My Content button on the left-hand bar.

Check links again - I just fixed one problem (some showthread.php links didn't work). If you find any others that don't work, can you paste the links for me? I'll try to fix the redirect scripts.

The offending link now works. THX.

Not sure why one of my blog posts says it was authored by alexgo17

http://blogs.science...t/archives/5975

Edit: OK, Now I'm seeing a bunch of them saying they were authored by alexgo17. WTH?

User IDs changed when the conversion was done, and alexgo17 now has the user ID you used to have. We changed the blog users to account for that, but apparently blog authors are stored separately. I'll cook up a fix.

No albums any more?

Indeed. If we pay extra, we can get the Gallery add-on, which is rather nice, but we'd have to come up with good uses for it.

I'm going to try to get vBulletin working in read-only mode somewhere in case you want to get your files back.

I can't get into my blog admin. It tells me I don't have permission; I tried this after logging in to the forums.

Edit: working now, though I see this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_row() on a non-object in /www/blogs.scienceforums.net/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/ipbint.php on line 211

Edit, mark II: now it's not. It's gone psychotic.

OK, I think I have a bead on this. I can't use a bookmark to go to any blog admin page, unless it's after I have gotten into the SFN forums (except for the initial login when it still didn't work). Thus far I can still get in if I have an SFN page open or I have visited SFN very recently. So perhaps there's an auto-logout feature whose timeout can be reset, or it's not recognizing that I want to stay logged in. What is also annoying is that trying to get into one of the admin features doesn't even redirect me to a login page.

I think the problem may be that the password hash is being regenerated. I need to have a bit more of a peek into the internals before I'm able to fix it - it may be a couple of days yet.

I dig the way more of the screen is now used, and how the text body of posts is now wider. Overall, nice job guys. Keep tweaking.

In the meantime, I do notice that reading from my Blackberry is much more of a PITA with the new style. With the new wider margined threads, by the time I get to the zoom level needed to see the text, I have to scroll left to right a whole lot to read one sentence to the next.

I'm not too familiar with the technical side of what's happening there, but can anything be done to make threads better formatted for wireless devices?

I think the problem may be that the password hash is being regenerated. I need to have a bit more of a peek into the internals before I'm able to fix it - it may be a couple of days yet.

OK, thanks. Now that it doesn't seem so random it's less aggravating.

I dig the way more of the screen is now used, and how the text body of posts is now wider. Overall, nice job guys. Keep tweaking.

In the meantime, I do notice that reading from my Blackberry is much more of a PITA with the new style. With the new wider margined threads, by the time I get to the zoom level needed to see the text, I have to scroll left to right a whole lot to read one sentence to the next.

I'm not too familiar with the technical side of what's happening there, but can anything be done to make threads better formatted for wireless devices?

Get down to the bottom left of the page, to the style chooser (it should have "SFN" selected at the moment) and select IP.Board Mobile instead. You'll get the pre-made mobile layout designed for small screens.

It's supposed to give that to you automatically, actually -- I'll have to look to see why it isn't.

If you could take your Blackberry to http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ and post your user-agent here, I'll see why it's not sending you to the mobile theme. Someone else has reported a similar problem in IRC.