Firefox vs Internet Explorer

inamorata

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a problem here with Firefox using up alot of resources ?

the other day it used 80k paging file memory but the process was not 100% ,

IE uses less memory but I prefer firefox because it is better looking and it downloads the page before it opens up in the new window.

memory.jpg

well if you have many add-ons running it will cause it to go slower

also, that may be peak useage as opposed to current useage. so "mem useage" is what you want "peak mem useage" is the max memory it has ever used;

view > select columns

and you can customise yourself from there if it is the wrong way round.

or it could be that your computer cannot handle it! dont know why and its unlikely but still a possibility.

I prefer Alt + <--

:P

Wow' date=' the Find feature is revamped!

I also like the new "secure website" feature. It's makes it more evident that a website is verified.[/quote']There's also a decent mouse gestures extension you can install which lets you go back in the browser (among a million other things) just by holding the right mouse button and dragging the mouse left a few millimetres. It takes a few hours to get used to, but then it takes all of 0.2 seconds per command without moving your hand from your mouse. I'm so used to it now that I try to use it in normal windows sometimes by accident. :)