"The Bible Code"

psi20

I heard of this thing where you can use a skip search through the bible and find some weird stuff. Skip search is where you skip a constant number of characters. The weird kind of stuff is like skip searching for Hussein and finding "gulf war" and "enemy" next to it. I don't remember his name, but he claims it exists. Then mathematicians, who were skeptics, did made their own skip search programs and found it worked.

The thing that puzzles me, however, is how it would work with other languages. Like if you skip searched in other languages, how would it produce the same result.

Also, there's another argument against the Bible Code arguing that you could skip search any random book or sequence of letters and find patterns like that. It's like looking at a statue for a few minutes and seeing the statue blink at you.

Anyways, if someone could make a skip search code and check it out, that would be cool. I would do it, but I don't know how. I'm learning how to do it right now.

I've seen this discussed before, not sure if it was on this website or not.

Basically, with a book large enough like the bible, you can find anything you want with this technique and it should work with any language.

I have heard of something like this. There's something about pi to. Like when you go through you can find a bunch of years where important things happened. I know the first one is 1492. Hm... 3.141592.... I guess it's take two numbers, skip two and then use the next two. I think the 15 starts a date two, don't remember the next two numbers of pi though...

Dreamlord: 3.1415926535897932384626433832795...

The whole "Bible Code" issue is quite boring. I know it's a repeated statement about Moby Dick also having such "hidden information" but just think about it, with a large enough text one can find many "patterns". With a large enough random text one could conceivably "extract" information .

I heard of this thing where you can use a skip search through the bible and find some weird stuff. Skip search is where you skip a constant number of characters. The weird kind of stuff is like skip searching for Hussein and finding "gulf war" and "enemy" next to it. I don't remember his name, but he claims it exists. Then mathematicians, who were skeptics, did made their own skip search programs and found it worked.

You already have a thread about this:-

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5254

Plus, there are threads about this previous to you joining:-

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3064