Black Holes Starve to Death

§lîñk€¥™

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sayonara³ said in post #50 :

Unless we tied a rope around YT real good, and like --- dipped him into the event horizon with a polaroid camera 'n stuff.

Erm.... Do I get a say in this? LOL

When do we leave? :)

hey I heard about this guy once, he got a job as a photographer, but he bought a Hemeroid camera instead of a Polaroid camera :(

he got fired for taking $h!tty pictures... ba bum :)

Mr_L if I said deliberate ya wouldn`t beleive me, besides, I was never particularly good at Drum Effects, and If I said was accident you`de still no beleive me :) so I`ll leave it as an open question, ansers on a postcasd please to...erm.. to... Mr_L, what`s yer email addy dude? :)

Sayonara, I sincerely hope yer not joking!, I got ma bag packed! what a head rush this is gunna be!!!! :)

btw, nice evasion of my original question :P

I STILL wanna know what`s in the middle of a black hole!

Must remember to pack some MAD Magazine too, got a feeling it`ll be a long journey! :)

• 4 weeks later...

The Schwarzschild radius is a radius that will form a black hole if mass is compressed smaller than it.

"quantum field theory says that associated with any mass m there is a length called its Compton wavelength, Ic such that determining the position of a particle of mass m to withing one Compton wavelength requires enough energy to create another particle of that mass." (see link)

Particles in our existance follow Plancks observations that on the sub-atomic level energy can only be transfered in in small units called quanta.

These all seem to describe the smallest unit of existance.

Maybe since a black hole does exist in our universe and does have dimensions it still obeys laws of our observation and is just orderly stacking of these units like carbon in diamond.

Just aman

refers to Prof. James Schombert

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~js/ast123/

This site is a valuable resource

• 2 weeks later...

I think the singularity would be in an exotic state of matter not yet discovered by us.

YT2095, the way I like to think about it is...I'm sure you've seen the representation of gravity using a trampoline matt with a heavy object in the center of the matt causing it to bend into a vortex shape. Well, if you use the same analogy to represent a black hole, then the singularity in the center would stretch the matt so much that opposite sides of the matt would become paralell to each other. From the trampoline point of view, you would basically fall forever toward the singularity never actually hitting the singularity. From a space-time point of view, the region in which the singulairy resides become 'non-local' or completely separated from the continuous flow of space-time (or trampoline matt surface)