SFN Logo Contest Poll

Which logo do you like best? (See post for options)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which logo do you like best? (See post for options)

• Biohazard
    • SFN Integral
    • The Brain
    • Exponentially Awesome
    • Supernova

Well since this wont be a logo, I think it would be cool to have it featured somewhere on the site.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
We could do more than one T-shirt design, if several are popular.

And I think we should try to include a shirt somewhere along the lines of this.

t_276.jpg

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Maybe just replace the G-unit with SFN, in the same font though. What you guys think.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I hope no one thought I was serious :doh:

We should have a shirt with a naked girl wearing only a lab jacket.

We'll get tons of people buying it..

Seriously, though, we will, quite soon, have an online store where we'll offer some SFN merchandise. We can give out more than just out logo -- that is, if you have cool ideas, we will discuss them on another thread, so don't think that the logo is our only representative on shirts ;)

Thing is -- there's a difference between a logo and a fun t-shirt. Think first about what you think the logo should be, think that it should be something relatively simple and not too elaborate - it's something to have next to email signatures, it's something to have on business cards, it's something to have as our "branding" (small print on our 'fun' shirts).

It doesn't matter if we will end up HAVING business cards or email signatures -- the point is that there's a difference between a logo and a tshirt.

We'll talk about tshirts soon, and there won't be any prevention to put ANY of the logos we had on that thread on our tshirts even if they're not our logo. AT the moment, though, we have to choose some sort of direction to go for our LOGO.

Just the logo. Just for now. We have to stay forcused, otherwise we'll be so far spread out we will never get this done.

~moo

Because this is looking like a plurality (~40%), which means that more than half of the people didn't vote for it, will this poll be considered the "primary election" with the top two picks facing off against each other? :D (Too American? :doh:)

Because this is looking like a plurality (~40%), which means that more than half of the people didn't vote for it, will this poll be considered the "primary election" with the top two picks facing off against each other? :D (Too American? :doh:)

We can't force people to vote, we're hoping that people who care about the choices will affect the forum for the future :)

But that's why we're going for a general direction with this vote. There will still be changes made to whatever logo we choose, we just really didn't want to have the staff arbitrarily makes a choice without involving the community - sooooooo vote, guys! :D

We should have a shirt with a naked girl wearing only a lab jacket.

We'll get tons of people buying it..

She could be our cyber-spokesperson! We'll call her Beryllium, Beryl for short. She's light-hearted but seriously useful, strong, resistant to flames and not exactly pure. A Beryl of fun.

She can't be blond and should definitely wear glasses.

I would like two dozen T-shirts, please.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Mmm, business cards. Can I say I'm an official SFN Oligarch on mine?
How about Galactic Administrative Overlord? Edited by Phi for All
Consecutive posts merged.

She could be our cyber-spokesperson! We'll call her Beryllium, Beryl for short. She's light-hearted but seriously useful, strong, resistant to flames and not exactly pure. A Beryl of fun.

She can't be blond and should definitely wear glasses.

I would like two dozen T-shirts, please.

I wonder if any SFN members would be willing to get that picture for us.

I wonder if any SFN members would be willing to get that picture for us.
It's funny how there aren't any google images of sexy women wearing only a lab coat (yes I checked, so did you). This tells me we've got something fairly unique here.

So maybe someone with a pretty, 18-25 year-old brunette/redhead friend or colleague (who has a great smile) could ask if they'd be willing to pose for some pics in just a lab coat (of course they can wear underwear, as long as it doesn't show). We'd need some full body shots (high heels?) and some half body shots (waist up). They'd need to release the photos to us in writing and be our unpaid spokesperson. We'd probably have an account set up for Beryl and use a half body shot for her avatar.

How are your photography skillz? :cool:

So maybe someone with a pretty, 18-25 year-old brunette/redhead friend or colleague (who has a great smile) could ask if they'd be willing to pose for some pics in just a lab coat (of course they can wear underwear, as long as it doesn't show). We'd need some full body shots (high heels?) and some half body shots (waist up).

KariByronDemotivationalPoster.jpg

and

600full-kari-byron.jpg

and

Kari_Byron_FHM.jpg

AFAIK, the brain itself isn't proportioned according to the golden mean, but they have done some MRI scans of brains viewing images using various proportions and the ones with those close to the golden mean drew more positive responses.

There is no causal or correlative connection between the spiral and the brain, other than pure aesthetics. it was not my intention to speculate or assert that there was.

I did have a version which omitted that brain all together

SFNlogonobrain.jpg

Kari Byron, yum. Two things though: she would insist on wearing the bra and we can't afford her even if she didn't.

But this definitely answers the high heels question. Thanks moo.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
There is no causal or correlative connection between the spiral and the brain, other than pure aesthetics. it was not my intention to speculate or assert that there was.
It would be very cool if there was though.

I did have a version which omitted that brain all together
And of course this leaves a lot of area blank for no reason.