SFN Logo Contest (free shirt for the winner!)

I don't think it is that bad to have it next to the logo, honestly.. and if we don't want it there, we should find something else to put there.. it'll be a bit empty.

Wouldn't work well on small screens. We ran into screen resolution issues while placing our current Google ads as well, actually.

Oh, and I showed the logos to a good friend of mine who's a professional designer. She liked them, but she said something that I agree with completely: We should choose *either* the orbitals, *or* the integral. Putting them both into one logo makes the logo too cramped and messy, as if we couldn't decide which of them we want.

I dunno, I think you could get away with it if you space out the logo some -- move the ScienceForums.net text out and the integral sign away from the orbitals. Take a look at how the current logo is spaced, for example.

I like the idea of mixing the atom with the integral sign, but it might look better using our current ovals(orientation and thickness, not necessarily colour).

I think the golden ratio one has some issues, though. It's not really something that you can just grab a pen and doodle; simpler is better. It also seems somewhat out of place on the forum design.

One of the good things about the integral logo is colour independance; it works with pretty much all colour schemes and thus would not need to be reworked if we were to add coloured skins as suggested in another thread. That should be a property of whichever one we end up using, imo.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=553072&postcount=10

• 2 weeks later...
this was just for fun, as I realize that an animated logo is a bit much (and hard to put on a t-shirt1).

sfnanim.gif

This is amazingly cool to me :doh:. I was staring at those rotating electrons for about a minute. It might distract readers from the forums though haha.

This is amazingly cool to me :doh:. I was staring at those rotating electrons for about a minute. It might distract readers from the forums though haha.

I made a tshirt with the current SFN logo on it for TAM6 (if you look in my albums in the forum you'll see it). I managed to get the same animated effect when I jumped up and down in succession.

Totally doable.

~moo