Partial Pressures...Again

The Cancer Cure

A sample of 2.00 g of SO2(g) originally in a 5.00-L vessel at 18°C is transferred to a 10.0-L vessel at 25°C. A sample of 3.50 g N2(g) originally in a 2.50-L vessel at 20°C is transferred to this same 10.0 L-vessel.

What is the partial pressure of SO2(g) in the larger container?

I have NO idea where to begin............please help me get started.

I'm not sure how to combine the containers...or how the temperatures or the volumes change..

:-(:-(:-(

OK, i'll tell you what I did, because it cleared it up a bit. I drew three flasks and labelled them. The first flask was 5L, 2gSO2 and 18°C, the second flask was 2.5L, 3.5g N2 ans 20°C. the third flask I only labelled the volume (10L) and the temperature (25°C).

After that it was a bit clearer. Each of the original flasks contains the information required to find the numbers of moles of the gases, SO2 and N2. Once you've done that you can find the numbers of moles of N2 and SO2 and the total number of moles. After that you can find the total pressure in the flask, using the ideal gas law. Then you know everything you need to know: the mole fraction of SO2 and the total pressure.