I moved water uphill against gravity

Cyclonebuster

So? Do you think you have found a flaw in the laws of physics?

Hint: You haven't. Google the phrase "dynamic pressure" to see why.

I don't believe that Cyclonebuster actually attempts to point out a flaw in the laws of physics. He's merely trying to find out what the physics are behind his "trick". And I believe that this has been answered by now.

The density hardly changes, so it doesn't matter how deep or how cold the water is.

A certain velocity will translate into a certain height above the water level.

Look up the equations and new words that you learned in this thread... You cannot learn physics without studying, I'm afraid. You really have to put a bit of effort :D

The density hardly changes, so it doesn't matter how deep or how cold the water is.

A certain velocity will translate into a certain height above the water level.

Look up the equations and new words that you learned in this thread... You cannot learn physics without studying, I'm afraid. You really have to put a bit of effort :D

I did do the effort and built the pipe to show the naysayers! Watch the video it proves it.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

What if the surface water is 90 degrees and the water at depth is 60 degrees?

yep, it'll still work. and you should specify what temperature scale you are using. i'm going assume you mean degrees farenheit as 90*C water isn't usually found in nature.

we'd preffer it if you used celsius here as it is the most common measurement scale globally anda lot of our membership is international.

yep, it'll still work. and you should specify what temperature scale you are using. i'm going assume you mean degrees farenheit as 90*C water isn't usually found in nature.

we'd preffer it if you used celsius here as it is the most common measurement scale globally anda lot of our membership is international.

I mean in F not C correct!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

What if the surface water is 90 degrees and the water at depth is 50 degrees? I am looking for an average temperature of 70 degrees F..