Question: Advanced Learning Techniques

codefreek

Hello everyone, so i been working on how i can self-improve in my learning.

Sometimes i find my self having a hard time solving a problem that some people can solve very easily.

So i ask how can i improve my self, i train a lot at the gym to have a healty body, as well for the fun of it, but yeah a healty body gives the brain some more action, figure of speech.

I eat right, i get a good sleep, i am googeling, trying to research some good techniques, i am kinda lost on some search words, so if you could help me out, & if you know any extra information on the subject. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Codefreak.

Edited by codefreek

Do you have specific areas or subjects in mind?

I can only really speak from my experiences as student of and my limited experience of teaching mathematics and physics.

Generically knowledge is accumulated and can take time to be absorbed. You must give yourself the time to let things "sink in".

Another issue is that one must be able to use the knowledge in order to be able to understand it. For example, if you think you understand derivatives, but only know the abstract ideas and not how to take derivatives of simple functions I claim you do not understand. The best way to understand something is to use it. So keep on practising example problems.

Don't be frightened to talk to fellow students. Maybe they have a different way of looking at something than you. This can be very useful.

We all get stuck at times, so please don't get disheartened.

I hope that is of some help.

Thank you for your insight. I am looking. In general how to improve my learning.

I love knowledge i try to learn everything i can, i don't stop at anything, but sometimes,

i have a hard time with easy stuff i get the "lazy feeling" like i don't wanna do this but i do.

But yeah hum, some times i think i have some kind of disorder.

But i try to think positive.

And i say too my self that i don't have any problems it just takes more time for me,

deal with it. But then i get like anxiety feelings and i start to think about other things

and what not. And my focus gets lost on something else.

I have always had a hard time in school. I had hard time with the teachers, etc, and i did not get that proper learning time in school, i have always been my own teacher. so yeah hehe :)

PS: i found a blog post with 77 Learning Techniques, seems like good Techniques,

but i am still looking for insight. So please do comment, say something ;)

Thanks!

Try to focus on things you find interesting. We learn most when we are interested in the subject matter. In school, you cannot always choose, so it's important to find the interesting parts of subjects which you otherwise do not enjoy... like how you can apply it to your own life, or how people you care about might feel about the subject. Anything to stay and become interested.

After that, it helps a lot to have an inspirational teacher, and someone who you can connect with on a personal level who really grasps the information. That can make a world of difference on any subject.

You mentioned good diet, and you're right. You also seem to be a bit bored/complacent. That doesn't help, so maybe incorporate more exercise into your routine to keep your blood flowing and your mind alert and your body healthy. It really can and does help.

After that... It's just a matter of persistence and dedication from you. Lots of hard work and focus. Form a plan and stick to it, and your efforts will pay off.

Good luck with it all. :)

Thank you so much for the comments ;)

so iNow, you said to pick a subject that i like the most, and find interesting.

The problem with my mind is that i change my mind almost everyday,

i get new interests, i see something and i pull a 110% boost on that subject,

and then when the power of boost slows down.

So do my interest for it, i have a hard time locking my self too one thing and working my way up that specific thing, i don't seem to have that lock that people have.

I lost it some how, i am more open to things like for example i worked as a dj for a long time. So now i like all music genre i don't have a specific genre i like. And i studied medicine for a while worked as a medic, got more knowledge about medical know how from the army.

followed the path of the army a while, got a new intressed in training, been training for a long time now, got an intressed in math.

So i studied basic math for a while, the one thing i always liked most is computers/and programming.

Then i try to cut out everything else, and keep my focus on that.

But then i get the anxiety that i am missing out on other knowledge that is out there.

So should i keep on ignoring what my mind wants or just keep on reading up on all knowledge. or so on, comments are welcome!

any more insight please feel free to share.

Thanks!

some extra notes:

i don't have that determination to complete something just because i have to that is my problem as well :)

my persistence and dedication levels is on the down low, the only time i have a high persistence and dedication, is

when i am researching for that specific thing. I am curently intrested in but it slows down after the "boost" goes down,

how can you keep the persistence and dedication for a thing for a longer time, i think is the Technique i need to grasp.

In short, i think more then i do.. i am a dreamer ;)

Edited by codefreek

I think the technique you are looking for is self-discipline and possibly focus. Essentially you have to be able to motivate yourself. How that is done differs often from work to work and person to person. You may concentrate on possible rewards (tangible or non-tangibles), or you have to keep reminding what is so fascinating about what you do.

The only motivation i can think off is by, thinking that, the more knowledge i have.

The more answers i shall also have in the end.

or you have to keep reminding what is so fascinating about what you do.

I just do it for more know how thats the best answer i can give..

Thanks!

Edited by codefreek

The problem with my mind is that i change my mind almost everyday,

i get new interests, i see something and i pull a 110% boost on that subject,

and then when the power of boost slows down.

So do my interest for it, i have a hard time locking my self too one thing and working my way up that specific thing, i don't seem to have that lock that people have.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you have a tough time calming your mind and remaining focused. You seem to bounce from subject to subject with lots of energy. For that reason, I'd like to repeat my suggestion that you ensure you exercise.

By expending your energy physically through exercise, you will have less of that "agitated" type of activity in your mind. You can spend that energy in ways that are productive physically, then... once you've worn yourself out a little, you can focus on a subject with less distraction (such as that you've described with bouncing between subjects and losing focus).

It sounds like you are experiencing a bit of ADHD, and this is why I continue to suggest exercise. It truly helps.

i train 6 days a week, i am a pro muscle builder/personal trainer.

At the moment for 25 people so yeah,

i get the correct amount of training.

sometimes, to much :)

On i side note i was on google and i found this quote,

like google was speaking to me ;)

The desire of appearing clever often prevents our becoming so.

Thanks for the comments..

PS: iNow what do you think about maybe taking,

Anti Anxiety Medication/Adderall ?

PS: iNow what do you think about maybe taking,

Anti Anxiety Medication/Adderall ?

Well, that depends entirely on your personal circumstances. I really have nothing against it whatsoever, especially if it's done responsibly and through consultation with your doctor.

I sort of like that as well, I find my mind likes to drift off and go to outlandish places, after reading some of my own posts I usually get confused as to what my original intent was, and realize how far off I went from it.

Especially with learn. I finding that I try to get the whole picture at once. That's almost impossible, so I am trying now to learn how to break apart elements into chunks and dealing with that. I think what I am going to start doing is train my mind to find out what specific idea I want to present and than work on them individually, step by step.

For learning I hope to test that as well. It sometimes feels like I am playing a broken record and whatever I learn a bit but my mind seems to trying to fit all that information right away in a big picture and it makes no sense. I am trying now to let go of that way of thinking and just work from the ground up.

I've never been a strong proponent for medication. I would suggest more to find where the conflict is and solve it and if there is some biological aspect that restricts you than go for it.

I think I have improved slightly since, because of trying to slow down and focus forcefully where it's becoming more natural, and I think that is the key.

I don't know if you see my writing errors but I think that is part of my issue, I take multiple ideas and when I choose one the others sort of linger around and show up as interruptions or half and half thoughts.

like:

"I think I have improved slightly since, because of trying to slow down and focus forcefully"

I will get there eventually!