Windows VS Mac

albertlee

Then' date='In the beginning,[b']Why programmers want to program in Windows, and not in Macs?[/b]

Albert

Keep in mind that MS came out with Word, which was a business application, and probably helped them get their foothold. Windows didn't instantly dominate - that took a little time.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Swansont, Why Mac cant be successful like Microsoft, just because it makes soft + hardware itself? and Microsoft only makes soft. instead?

Do you mean that it is just because IBM is a known entity? and Apple is less known entity?

Does not make sense to me :)

Albert

Do you mean that it is just because IBM is a known entity? and Apple is less known entity?

no, yes. (although i'll probably get flamed for saying that)

for now, i work in a technical support desk for a broadband company, and trust me when i say this, but you'll be surprised by how many people not even being aware of other systems such as BeOS, Mac, Linux, Unix, etc

another thing, there is much more software available for a pc platform than for a mac. also, the 1st university i went for, was for computer science, and guess what, not a single course offered(or heard of) of programming on macs.

when you go to a book store, almost every single book in the CS dept, especially about programming is either windows related / html.

there are far too many companies who will hire someone that can write code for a pc(not necessarily windows) architecture then for a mac

take all of these together and you will have your answer. ;)

thx Admiral....then all I want to know is.....

since Mac is stable, because of its software, how about its hardware? I have seen the technical detail and it seems soso.... :cool:

More over, do we all have to buy Apple's hardware? is there alot of hardwares from other companies which are compatible for OS X?

As a whole, Does any one know a place on the Internet, where I can find much information about Mac just like Windows when we are learning for?

Albert

More over' date=' do we all have to buy Apple's hardware? is there alot of hardwares from other companies which are compatible for OS X?

Albert[/quote']

as far as i understand, for example, a PCI card for is a PCI card. regardless of it's type or use on either PC or Mac. now the question would be if you have the drivers or can you write them yourself(if it's manufacturer did not already do so) that will make it work on a mac. same for most other hardware devices, except those that are specifically Mac designed.

thx Admiral....then all I want to know is.....

since Mac is stable' date=' because of its software, how about its hardware? I have seen the technical detail and it seems soso.... :cool:

As a whole, Does any one know a place on the Internet, [i']where I can find much information about Mac just like Windows when we are learning for?[/i]

Albert

Any body have ideas about that?

Albert

It's like a David and Goliath battle; how do you convince a whole lot of computer users to dump all of their existing hardware/software and switch to a completely different platform?

dave, I am just asking about where to get some information about MAC like windows when we start learning on.........

this is my last question on this thread.....any way...:)

feel a bit annoyed about myself :embarass:

Albert