what's a good programming language to learn?

ecoli

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

C is pretty much the safest choice. I don’t think I’ve encountered any software that does not rely on it. Otherwise, Java and R should be great, too. Depends on what kind of programs you want to work on.

• 3 weeks later...

The choice of programming language depends on your interests, goals, and the specific domains you want to work in. Here are some popular programming languages that have a wide range of applications:

1. Python: Python is known for its simplicity and readability, making it an excellent choice for beginners. It has a large and active community, extensive libraries, and is widely used in various fields, including web development, data analysis, machine learning, and automation.

2. JavaScript: JavaScript is primarily used for web development and adds interactivity and dynamic features to websites. It's an essential language for front-end web development and has gained popularity with the rise of frameworks like React and Node.js.

3. Java: Java is a versatile language used in a wide range of applications, from mobile app development (Android) to enterprise software. It's known for its portability, robustness, and scalability.

4. C#: C# (pronounced C-sharp) is a programming language developed by Microsoft and is commonly used for Windows application development, game development (Unity), and backend development with the .NET framework.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say, go to your local job offer site, calculate job offer amount * salary. Than learn the language that has the highest job offers salary combination. It depends on the country you are in. 

Also try to do some leetcode problems. 

In my opinion C# is the best language, good pay, many jobs, many documentation. It makes you a valuable asset. 

• 3 months later...

Here is my opinion:

JavaScript: For Full-Stack Web Development, Front-End Web Development, Back-End Web Development with Node.js, and Game Development.

Python: Back-End Web Development, Data Science, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Automation, and Game Development.

Java: Platform-Independent Desktop Development, Back-End Web Development, Full-Stack Android Development, Game Development.

C#: Windows Desktop Development, Cross-Platform Desktop Development with MAUI, Mobile Development with MAUI, Back-End Web Development, Unity Game Development.

Edited by pacman9090