Alternate Matter Structure/Size

NavajoEverclear

Matter has an order of structure and substructure eh? What if there was an atom that went by a different order of structure? Say the electrons, protons and nuetrons of this atom are all one hundred times smaller than all known elements, actually it would be more than a different elements, cause all the elements are made of particles of the same size, just in different numbers, correct? Mayhaps the substructures of this alternate matter particle are also different (not quarks, or quarks that work differently or somethin). What'd be the properties of a clump of this type of matter? Maybe it could spill through traditional matter, appear flow through it as if it is nothing . . . THUS THE MECHANISM OF THE EXISTENCE OF GHOSTS IS REVEALED!!! just kidding, i mean theres a million things that this alternate matter might do, maybe we'd never notice most of it. Would there be anyway to detect alternate matter? Watcha think? Discuss.

Seeing as everything you've said is conjecture founded on absolutely nothing theres very little anyone can say.

The thing is, seeing as theres absolutely no evidence pointing anywhere in terms of what you're suggesting. the only answer anyone can give is maybe.

Discuss.
*shudder* No, please don't, after going through the standardised exam system "discuss" makes my blood run cold, just like my alarm clock at any time other than 7:45AM.

As for the question, I'm not so sure about how it all works, but if the protons and neutrons were smaller (not the electrons, as according to what I've been told so far they're point bodies), then the quarks in them would need to be closer together, and that would require changes in the strong nuclear force (or is it the weak?). I still don't know why it varies weirdly in the way it does, so I can't make any guesses as to how that might be possible. :/

I guess that's fair Greg, but you make it sound like i was trying to make everyone believe it, its just something that popped into my head. You are right though, as far as i know there's no way to observe such a thing---- anyone got any ideas anyway?-- come on it is an interesting idea, ignore the fact i am an idiot. My foolishness does not equate to your inability to learn from me.

Sorry for saying Discuss, i hate standardized testing, but i could have said nothing and wouldn't you have discussed anyway? You can reply any way you want and you wont be pointlessly graded.

• 2 months later...

Holy CRAP this was a GREAT thread, why isn't it being replied too?

Also, I now have as many posts as Greg. Actually more if you count the ones you don't count from a long time ago when i was just posting on everything to get a higher number. I think you recorded 50 less than i really had, i am most certainly not complaining, i'm amused and honored to have been cheated on. BTW, am i the only who was inflicted with this trick?

TO THE POINT: Greg has a personalized title under his name. I want one. Gimme.