SF images

fafalone

I have created a banner and buttons if you wish to link to us. They are standard sized (468x60, 120x60, 88x31) JPGs in the attached zip. The raw render from 3dsmax is available at http://fafalone.hypermart.net/scienceforums/ ( (very) high-resolution TIF) if you wish to resize it to other dimensions for other use. Note: I noticed that for some reason QuickTime apparently thinks it can open .tif files. It cannot. Use Save Target As (or equiv in your browser) and open it with a program that can actually read that format, or your browser may freeze.

sf_banner.jpg

sf_button.jpg

sf_88_31.jpg

sf_images.zip

• 11 months later...
fafalone said in post #9 :

So fucking take it off your rotation if you hate it.

I didn't say I hated it, I said it didn't 0wn.

Chill.

Besides which, whether or not I like it is immaterial. It's on my rotation because I'm doing Blikey boy a favour, not because I want to listen to you being a knob.

I hear blike's rear looks like it's stretched to fit.

Hey, he said it first :-D

3DS Max is the last thing I'd use to make a banner. PHS, Illustrator, Freehand or Flash. Or Quark if I were a loony "Mac Operator". Although you can't work with light as well in PHS as you can in 3D software.

he probably did it to get the nice 3D effect in there, without having to worry about filters and layer effects in photoshop :P

those get annoying

of course you can always make it in photoshop and import it to max I guess....

who says quark users were loony? it's just the fact that it's on mac's that makes you second think the whole thing;)

don't see why you'd pick illustrator or flash over max though. ya bleedin' english freak

While you lot argue amongst yourselves id like to point out that the banners in question show the Bohr model of the atom with highly irregular size ratios between the size of the nucleus and electron orbiatals, and as a chemist I feel it is my duty to complain. Im not writing this to get a torrent of abuse from faf, honestly. No really, Im not.