Electrolysis of Water using AC current??

San2006

Here is a website, which cliams to have created Mineral Redox Water using Water Electrolysis by AC current instead of DC current.

Is it feasible??

http://www.water-prox.com/mineral_redox_right.htm

electrode.jpg

How to make Mineral Redox Water?

Alkalizing ion water in the market using direct current for water electrolysis separate water to plus ion and minus ion and does dissolved minerals the same. Alkaline water and acid water separation is far different from ideal natural water. Each missing some benefits by focusing on one side benefit, which is mainly producing active hydrogen in water. Natural water contains both plus and minus ions with all good minerals dissolved in it. Aquatech ProX Technology has made it possible to create balanced water as close as to natural water using alternative current of high frequency and low voltage.

Drawings below are to show the system of the appliance.

@

By using (A) and (B) electrodes of alternative current with a ground connection electrode at the bottom makes ORP voltage of water down. There are very few mineral dissolved in tap water so condensed minerals extracted from ocean floor is to be added. In a half hour, ORP measures ?150 mV, an hour later ?300 mV, and 3 hours later ?600 mV. By adding minerals it makes possible to produce lower ORP water lasting longer time. One of characteristics of the method is to use alternative current that makes much difference on chemical reaction between molecules. Running alternative current in (A) and (B) electrodes simultaneously, the electrodes switch plus and minus electrons back and forth. Plus electrons of hydrogen molecules go to minus electrode and minus electrons of oxygen go to plus electrode once. But soon electrode current switches them around, then the water molecules will be directed the other way. Thus, electrons of water molecules will be electrolyzed by stirring themselves in water. Ground connection itself stays in low voltage. From either (A) or (B) electrode, whichever higher voltage starts electrolyzing molecules to move to lower voltage electrode. Then water molecules stirring themselves to produce active hydrogen. As a result, without separating acid or alkaline water it produces pH neutral reduced water with both plus and minus ions being mixed. This is very important in terms of keeping minus ions in water which works beneficial for health. During stirring process of water, other contaminants and organic matters will be also decomposed and precipitated. At the same time dissolved minerals that was oxidized will be reduced as well to make them easily absorbed in our body.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When you discard the horrific english used there and the overabundance of meaningless words, it boils down to "We're full of it but think you're dumber than us." The best part is when they state "One of characteristics of the method is to use alternative current that makes much difference on chemical reaction between molecules." I nearly spit my beer over my laptop screen from the laughter. AC or DC makes no differences in the chemical reaction between molecules. An electron from an AC source is exactly the same as an electron from a DC source.

It's really sad that people fall for this and give up their money to idiots. These same people also think those e-mails about long lost relatives in Nigeria are true.

EDIT: I just sent them the following e-mail. :D

Hi There,

My name is Justin and I just came upon your Mineral Redox Water website. I have a curious question to ask. You state many times that the free radical H atoms, and the H- ion are very reactive and will react with the free radical O atoms and O(2-) ions in my body. If you're using AC current, you are taking the electrodes and quickly making them change between positive and negative each second. (60 times a second if the frequency is at 60 Hz). When the electrode is positive, it will gather negative ions around it. When the electrode is negative, it will gather positive ions around it. Since it is switching back and forth so quickly, what is preventing the negative and positive ions from immediately neutralizing right then and there at the electrodes? In the time that passes between the switching of the charges, the ions can't move too far. Especially in neutral water. Also, with the H atoms/ions being so small, how can they get through the water and into the minerals without reacting along the way? (If the minerals are in a solid form, they will be at the bottom of the chamber and the highly reactive H ions will need to pass through all that water. If they are dissolved in the water, then they are already in the form of ions and the ions will react immediately with the hydrogen). So I'm just curious about all this.

Regards,

Justin

Can't wait to see their response. :P

Edited by jdurg

• 3 weeks later...

I think the point is not electrolysis, rather the point is to get oxygen disolved into the water while also increasing the ORP reading. Then said drinking water will "attack and disable" free radicals in the body.

I am not claiming this will work, but it will alter the chemistry of the water and therefore one is drinking something different than the original water that was started with. I would imagine that just about everyone would agree the only way to know is to run some scientific tests and measure the results.

So back to the point, electrolysis is usually done to collect hydrogen and/or oxygen. But since the point here is to disolve oxygen in the water to make it "healthier" as well as to increase the ORP readings the AC current might actually help to not collect the oxygen on one side and if the plates are large enough it might all dissolve into the water.

The thing is, the current is alternating so one portion of a second it is O(2-) ions forming, and the next it is H+ ions forming. Therefore, the reactivity of the Oxygen ions in the water is so great that it would NEVER survive long enough for you to get it into your body and have it do anything positive. In addition, it will NEVER get through your mouth, esophagus, stomach lining, etc. without reacting. EVER!!! The large number of H+ ions in your stomach will instantly turn it into water. In additon, if we're talking about free radicals, those are horrifically bad for you.

Face it. It's a scam. Since sending them an e-mail, I never got a single response back from them. They know they are scamming people and stealing their money and they are proud of it.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Active Hydrogen is an atomic form of Hydrogen with single minus electron. It is very reactive and high-energy atom. It usually stabilizes itself by combining plus H atom H(+) and minus H atom (-) as a form of H2. Active hydrogen is an atom by dividing those molecules of H2. Hydrogen is the first element on the Periodic Table, colorless, odorless, tasteless and it is highly explosive if reacts with a certain molecules.

This first paragraph alone clearly indicates that they haven't the faintest idea what they are talking about!!

That said, marketing it to the uneducated and gullible will no doubt make it a resounding success.

And let's face it, they have a big market to target!