The Flat Earth Society!

mooeypoo

Hmmm, I can understand why looking at or seeing the earth as round alone seems inconclusive when you can see all sorts of weird effects in space caused by things such as black holes... however, the fact that you can fly around the earth in either direction and reach your destination should render as conclusive evidence.

Did you miss the part about the Earth being a disk?

• 1 month later...

I mean like From Sydney I could fly out towards America and keep going to get to England. Or I could fly out over Singapore, over India and get to england- you couldn't fly over the America way without flying over other countries if the earth was a disc.

Edited by Suxamethonium

• 3 months later...

The internet wouldn't be the same without FES. I love a good laugh. SO much effort put into proving something that is so obviously not the case... And to think they could be researching new cancer treatments or something else... that is of course, assuming they believe cancer exists...

Edited by Iota93

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, the Earth is an Oblate Spheroid. If we're already being petty ;)

Yes, an oblate spheroid. As we would say here in the colonies (U.S.) and in Scotland, "the radius of the Earth varies a wee bit." U.S.: The radius varies about 10.5 miles from its mean radius. In Scotland we would say: the total variance of the Earth's radius is about 31 kilometers, but it's far shorter if you take the high road to Bryan's pub. Or ye can go to Mam's place ta yonder point -- and get tall ones for carven a few kegs upstars for the bide. Wednesday next at Bryan's pub the local chapter of the Earth is Flat Society will commence. For the cost of just 1 lb. Sterling one can join the club which includes a one year membership and certificate and 6 Ker table drinks (O Guinness fer 6 bobs mere) for the bi-monthly meetings, all alcohol at half price during meeting times.

If you dunna wish a fight, mention not the area sightings of aliens nor the alleged abduction and probings of Bryian's wife. But if ye do like a good fight ask to see Bryan's wife and tell em how bonnie his wife's figure looks and dat yur sorry bout da alien probings of is wife with da pipes -- wear a kilt, show your bum, mention that you are both a scientist, religious and thar to help his wife with free massage therapy.:rolleyes:

//

Edited by pantheory

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.