SFN Blogs Opened

Cap'n Refsmmat

I've stopped getting the 500's now. And yes, I'm curious to know page hits too.

I just installed a WordPress statistics plugin. Go to Plugins in your admin panel and enable FireStats, then head over to Dashboard->FireStats and you'll be able to see your numbers. (It only starts tracking when you turn it on, so you'll probably have 0 when you first look.)

I meant on other websites

As long as you don't get them here.

I just installed a WordPress statistics plugin. Go to Plugins in your admin panel and enable FireStats, then head over to Dashboard->FireStats and you'll be able to see your numbers. (It only starts tracking when you turn it on, so you'll probably have 0 when you first look.)

Thanks!

The time delay is a deterrent to keep spammers from using the blogs and to limit blogs to quality members. I may lower it to under a month sometime. We'll see if there are any problems and work from there.

You should lower it to three weeks to see what would happen,

I don't think there would by any spammers in a three week delay, 1-2 week maybe though

You should lower it to three weeks to see what would happen,

I don't think there would by any spammers in a three week delay, 1-2 week maybe though

You don't understand the patience and persistence some of these people possess.

that would make sense, I generally don't know much about the whole spamming thing...

I'm not even really sure why people do it

They're 35 year old virgins and they blame it on the internet. (it's really WoW's fault though)

Don't be shy about adding some or all of these to your blogroll. Not sure if there's an easy way to do it; I think there's an "import" function but I haven't actually used it.

edit: and I'm interested to see that some of the blogs haven't been updated since 1999.

• 4 months later...

I'm getting an error when I try to upload an image to my blog. It's possible I haven't attempted this since we went to the new server.

Unable to create directory /www/blogs.scienceforums.net/html/wp-content/blogs.dir/21/files//2008/08. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

• 2 months later...