Blister looking spot on inside of my cheek

GrandMasterK

Since Tuesday or Wednesday I've had this white spot on the inside of my cheek that looks like a flat blister. It feels like a sore taste bud, just on my cheek. At first I thought it was maybe because I accidentally bit my cheek or chewed on it in my sleep. Friday I decided to actually look at the area and noticed the white mark. Since then it's gotten a little bit bigger. It'll hurt if something rubs up against it look my tooth or my tongue or food but other then that I at all times feel a light sensation on my cheek just like you would with a sore taste bud on your cheek. I figure if it didn't get better by Tuesday that I'd go to emergency care but I just wanted to know if anybody had an idea of what this could be? I have a sneaking suspicion I might of got an infection when I was gnawing on the pad of one end of my nunchucks. :embarass:

• 2 weeks later...

One possibility would be a canker sore though it is does not appear like a "flat blister" rather it's more of a white depression. and yes, it fits the description of sensitive/painful to contact. by now it should have gotten better, given the fact it goes away after several days. origin, if i recall correctly, has to do with bacterial colonization though dont quote me on that... some mouth wash would help, if you are still suffering. It is absolutely harmless.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

my vote's for a cankersore. They take the form of bumps with the white depression in the middle. I'm afflicted with those every now and then - and they do sometimes start where you've scraped or cut the skin on the inside of your mouth. Supposedly drinking a lot of acidic drinks like coffee or tea can also cause them, and they tend to happen more often if you're stressed out (stress often compromises the immune system). It's like a little bacterial infection, and using a strong mouthwash or over-the-counter mouth antiseptic will help it go away much quicker. And I've had particularly nasty ones that last for over a week. If it started on Tuesday or Wednesday I'd say it's probably getting to it's worst stages about now. And yea, they can get pretty painful. I would recommend eating mild foods for the next couple of days - nothing too salty or acidic. Cuz it'll hurt like hell.

• 2 months later...

I would say canker sore as well. If you've bitten yourself there, or done something that cut you, it can get infected (for lack of a better word) and create a sore. They'll go away on their own, but they're pretty painful. I use a home remedy of bamboo salt on the sore, but I wouldn't think that's such a common commodity. People suggest baking soda, I think.

wow, 4 months is a long time lol...

I think longest I've had a sore is probably 2 weeks? :D

Hi Neopluto,

I really don't think that this thing has been in the OPs mouth for 4 months. I was more commenting how this thread was started back in August, so it seemed kind of silly to respond to it now (since the problem has likely already been resolved). :)

Cheers. ;)

Yeah, guess I started it making a comment 2 months after the last post on the thread, but it seemed to be an aspect no one had considered, and which may be useful to someone who got something similar in future.

I overlooked the possibility people may then respond to it as a current thread.