Amscope

Hi!

I bought an Amscope 100x oil/iris darkfield objective and condenser to fit to my Vickers M14. It works very well.

I can observe bacteria easily and reckon it resolves detail down to around .25 - .3 uM - with very strong illumination.

Attached is a photo of a spirochete using the above setup.

Best Wishes,

Peter

Dscf0717_21_spiral_agent.jpg

Hi!

I bought an Amscope 100x oil/iris darkfield objective and condenser to fit to my Vickers M14. It works very well.

I can observe bacteria easily and reckon it resolves detail down to around .25 - .3 uM - with very strong illumination.

Attached is a photo of a spirochete using the above setup.

Best Wishes,

Peter

The quality of sight and resolution is better than that when viewed through the ocular, right, Peter Kemp? Not so pixelated in RGB?

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. Recently i came across their website and i found their products quite cheap. I am very interested in fluorescence microscope that they are offering. Their prices are way lower compared to the prestigous ones by microscope giants. But I doubt their quality. Do fluorescence microscopes from amscope have the comparable quality to that of Nikon, Zeiss, etc... at a much lower price? The FLUOR lens from amscope, do they have comparable quality to lens from the giants? Is it just FLUOR, or PLAN FLUOR? I notice their NA is the same as the plan achro, as stated from the website. Has anyone bought any fluorescence microscope from amscope before? Can anyone here advise me?

• 3 months later...

Hi

I bought the 3.5x90X stereo zoom dual halogen scope: What a waste that was! Like pulling teeth to get answers. The fancy talk about service and product seems good when you read it, but they cannot answer simple questions or get back to you in a week. They cannot fix the broken parts or clear up the issues, in fact they were responsible for having me send it back for repairs and then forgot they had it. Then they claimed they sent the money back instead of fixing it and then told me they were too big and important to mess with it according to Ben Johnson in charge of internet sales after a 4 minutes try to find my scope conversation. He rushed me off the phone and said they sent me my money back. After a lot of time and check he had no clue and they did not send the money back and on top of his poor demeanor and total lack of customer care. In the mean time I have no scope, I am out major money, and I cannot imagine what he was thinking to be so rude. They talk a big game in their listings, but there is no knowledge base, I asked about the k on the hals too.

They did not return the scope or the money. When I tried to get my scope back or fixed Ben Johnson, five weeks head of internet sales with the company, told me I was sent my money back and to have a nice day. My bank denies this as well as ebay. Availability of anyone who can help is not what they do. I was totally insulted by this 4 minute brush off with this man. Bottom line greed appears to be their motivator. The scope lights were extremely orange and I could not get a true color readings on their best scope. The halogen lights do not come close to allowing clean true color.I was instructioned on how to send it back and did so. The person I had been dealing with was fired and she told me to go to their site and buy the same bulb again, hum...

Two big thumbs down on Precision World, Jennifer, Ben Johnson and Amscope. They appear to be the British Petroleum of microscopes!! Ebay advises me to get the police involved, with internet fraud to clear up my encounter with them. Just how I want to spend my time!!!

scoped out

Edited by scoped out

• 3 months later...

I am a new member.

I have a T680A Amscope. The optics are good and the trinocular I own is great, but they provide little documentation. I have been trying to get an owners manual from China since I bought the scope last Feb. The light stopped working and I felt they set the bar too high for me to send it back for free repair. I have had the scope for 9 months it has a 5 year warranty. I have purchased 3rd party objectives and installed them. I have phase contrast setup. They said in their email that I had to return the microscope exactly as I had received it. I don't have the original packing and don't remember how it was packed. So I am out of luck. If you buy an Amscope be sure to save the packing and remember how it was packed. That way if you need to use the warranty you can.

Dan

• 4 months later...

Here is my experience with Amscope. Short version: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, MEDIOCRE PRODUCT, WILL LIE TO YOUR FACE AND OBFUSCATE FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS.

As a former teacher, i had a small budget so i bought about 10 or so simple dissecting scopes for my students. They turned out to be good quality and I was happy with them.

I stopped teaching and began doing research at a major research institution (recently rated the number 1 engineering school in the country). My supervisor wanted a microscope on our limited grant money budget so I suggest Amscope.

We ordered a basic metallurgical microscope from them - payed about $4500 total, and it came with a 5mp camera.

The camera, I have to say is a piece of junk, generally.

However, what ensued after getting the microscope is the most absurd/ridiculous customer service story ever. The microscope was obviously flawed - the Kohler illumination system simply didn't work and we continually had bright spots and or just a bad image in general. So I sent it back, payed for shipping and expected for my microscope to be replaced immediately.

In the following months i was given story after story and eventually when I would call, they knew my story and stonewalled - i could never talk to anyone that knew anything. All the people in the know were always busy or on vacation, or no longer worked there. Finally after 4 MONTHS with no movement on their end I learned that my microscope was no longer in production and to correct the problem a new part had to be machined in China and sent over. A month later (seriously) I learned my microscope was actually IN china.

After about 5 MONTHS I got the university purchasing dept. involved and threatened a small claims lawsuit if they did not replace my microscope with one of equal or greater value asap. Another month went buy and after someone with some power at the university made some phone calls, things started to move and Amscope finally admitted that there was no way we could ever get back our microscope and that they would replace it, but that we would have to pay the $600 fee to upgrade to the next level microscope. I couldn't believe the gall these people had to demand that. I personally called and made them realize they needed to ship us one for free immediately (a miracle), which they are currently doing as I write this. We have lost a lot of money - we never had a microscope that worked, and during the intervening 7 MONTHS since i returned it, we have had to rent time to use the SEM on the university campus.

Amscope's customer service is BEYOND TERRIBLE, beyond the pale, beyond me ever recommending buying a microscope from them. In fact, you are better off throwing your money down the toilet as it will save you a lot of time and hassle. I do believe they generally have a good product in terms of optics and build quality. However, for the problems they caused me, for the lies they told me (I was told at least 2 or 3 times - i have email documentation to back this up - that a microscope was being shipped to me the next day), and for my money lost, I would be happy if this company went out of business. They deserve to be sued into oblivion. No business like this should be allowed to survive, and I hope the market puts them out of business and similar, better companies take up the market share.

STAY AWAY.

• 7 months later...

I have just purchased the Amscope Microscope with camera.

The scope is superb, far better than I expected. Build quality, optics, and mechanics are all excellent. The LED-144s gives a very bright & even illumination, but its plastic and one of the screw thread inserts pulled out of mine. A minor problem which I can fix, but a metal housing would be more in keeping with the quality of the scope.
The camera I chose is of the cmos sensor variety. Build quality is excellent here too, but the image quality really is very poor. To be fair it is one of their cheapest cameras, but the images and description on their site lead one to expect a far better product. That's a pity, since their scopes really are excellent.

Anyone know of a reasonably good (ccd?) camera that fits this scope?

Anyone want to buy a cheap MU300 wink.gif

Edited by Phi for All

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is my experience with Amscope. Short version: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, MEDIOCRE PRODUCT, WILL LIE TO YOUR FACE AND OBFUSCATE FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS.

As a former teacher, i had a small budget so i bought about 10 or so simple dissecting scopes for my students. They turned out to be good quality and I was happy with them.

I stopped teaching and began doing research at a major research institution (recently rated the number 1 engineering school in the country). My supervisor wanted a microscope on our limited grant money budget so I suggest Amscope.

We ordered a basic metallurgical microscope from them - payed about $4500 total, and it came with a 5mp camera.

The camera, I have to say is a piece of junk, generally.

However, what ensued after getting the microscope is the most absurd/ridiculous customer service story ever. The microscope was obviously flawed - the Kohler illumination system simply didn't work and we continually had bright spots and or just a bad image in general. So I sent it back, payed for shipping and expected for my microscope to be replaced immediately.

In the following months i was given story after story and eventually when I would call, they knew my story and stonewalled - i could never talk to anyone that knew anything. All the people in the know were always busy or on vacation, or no longer worked there. Finally after 4 MONTHS with no movement on their end I learned that my microscope was no longer in production and to correct the problem a new part had to be machined in China and sent over. A month later (seriously) I learned my microscope was actually IN china.

After about 5 MONTHS I got the university purchasing dept. involved and threatened a small claims lawsuit if they did not replace my microscope with one of equal or greater value asap. Another month went buy and after someone with some power at the university made some phone calls, things started to move and Amscope finally admitted that there was no way we could ever get back our microscope and that they would replace it, but that we would have to pay the $600 fee to upgrade to the next level microscope. I couldn't believe the gall these people had to demand that. I personally called and made them realize they needed to ship us one for free immediately (a miracle), which they are currently doing as I write this. We have lost a lot of money - we never had a microscope that worked, and during the intervening 7 MONTHS since i returned it, we have had to rent time to use the SEM on the university campus.

Amscope's customer service is BEYOND TERRIBLE, beyond the pale, beyond me ever recommending buying a microscope from them. In fact, you are better off throwing your money down the toilet as it will save you a lot of time and hassle. I do believe they generally have a good product in terms of optics and build quality. However, for the problems they caused me, for the lies they told me (I was told at least 2 or 3 times - i have email documentation to back this up - that a microscope was being shipped to me the next day), and for my money lost, I would be happy if this company went out of business. They deserve to be sued into oblivion. No business like this should be allowed to survive, and I hope the market puts them out of business and similar, better companies take up the market share.

STAY AWAY.

I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE.. Amscope's customer service is BEYOND TERRIBLE is an ACCURATE STATEMENT, NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVERY BEEN SPOKEN . No business like this should be allowed to survive,, I agree

I also might add... the lieing to the face thing is all true. Dishonesty is a big no no... not only in life but especially in business.

DO NOT BY FROM AMSCOPE- BASED ON PRINCIPLE

Hi

I bought the 3.5x90X stereo zoom dual halogen scope: What a waste that was! Like pulling teeth to get answers. The fancy talk about service and product seems good when you read it, but they cannot answer simple questions or get back to you in a week. They cannot fix the broken parts or clear up the issues, in fact they were responsible for having me send it back for repairs and then forgot they had it. Then they claimed they sent the money back instead of fixing it and then told me they were too big and important to mess with it according to Ben Johnson in charge of internet sales after a 4 minutes try to find my scope conversation. He rushed me off the phone and said they sent me my money back. After a lot of time and check he had no clue and they did not send the money back and on top of his poor demeanor and total lack of customer care. In the mean time I have no scope, I am out major money, and I cannot imagine what he was thinking to be so rude. They talk a big game in their listings, but there is no knowledge base, I asked about the k on the hals too.

They did not return the scope or the money. When I tried to get my scope back or fixed Ben Johnson, five weeks head of internet sales with the company, told me I was sent my money back and to have a nice day. My bank denies this as well as ebay. Availability of anyone who can help is not what they do. I was totally insulted by this 4 minute brush off with this man. Bottom line greed appears to be their motivator. The scope lights were extremely orange and I could not get a true color readings on their best scope. The halogen lights do not come close to allowing clean true color.I was instructioned on how to send it back and did so. The person I had been dealing with was fired and she told me to go to their site and buy the same bulb again, hum...

Two big thumbs down on Precision World, Jennifer, Ben Johnson and Amscope. They appear to be the British Petroleum of microscopes!! Ebay advises me to get the police involved, with internet fraud to clear up my encounter with them. Just how I want to spend my time!!!

scoped out

Three thumbs down for (name removed by moderator) and Amscope! Malarachy!!

I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE.. Amscope's customer service is BEYOND TERRIBLE is an ACCURATE STATEMENT, NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SPOKEN . No business like this should be allowed to survive,, I agree

I also might add... the lieing to the face thing is all true. Dishonesty is a big no no... not only in life but especially in business.

DO NOT BY FROM AMSCOPE- BASED ON PRINCIPLE

Three thumbs down for (name removed by moderator) and Amscope! Malarachy!!

Hi everyone. Recently i came across their website and i found their products quite cheap. I am very interested in fluorescence microscope that they are offering. Their prices are way lower compared to the prestigous ones by microscope giants. But I doubt their quality. Do fluorescence microscopes from amscope have the comparable quality to that of Nikon, Zeiss, etc... at a much lower price? The FLUOR lens from amscope, do they have comparable quality to lens from the giants? Is it just FLUOR, or PLAN FLUOR? I notice their NA is the same as the plan achro, as stated from the website. Has anyone bought any fluorescence microscope from amscope before? Can anyone here advise me?

Go to microscope.com or solid vendor like VWR.

Man, I asked practically the same question ages ago....I didn't really get a good response.....I, as of yet, have not bought a microscope either - and never will Amscope is horrible

Edited by CaptainPanic
Don't bring your personal vendetta from elsewhere to our forum.

You do realize you just bumped up a 1.5 year old dead thread? I was going to make my own but I guess not. Also, a suggestion, if not posting evidence of the issues you're experiencing, I suggest taking the names out of this thread. If you haven't been given specific permission to use their names, you could be in trouble for libel (if they get their hands on this thread, which it isn't hard to do...)

What happened to you, if you don't mind me asking? Considering them and I'd like to hear your horror story before I decide. Thanks.

Also, if you think Amscope is bad, you're going to go to Microscope.com? You're funny, way to mislead the group here, it's no different. You get what you pay for in this industry. You don't buy a Honda expecting a Ferrari. If you want quality, pay for it. Go with a solid Zeiss, Leica, Nikon, or Olympus. I just need something quick and cheap, so the Honda works for me, as long as it does the basic job.

Edited by microscopeguy

• 1 month later...

AMscope is very misleading....They advertise magnifications that are only possible by changing out the eyepieces. Yes they give you these eyepieces to change out however by increasing the magnification of the eyepieces you are getting "empty magnification". Putting 20x eyepieces in a scope instead of 10x will create a larger image however with poor resolution. When you jump to 30x eyepieces you get an image with even less resolution. The proper way to accomplish this is to use a microscope that actually has more of a zoom range or add a supplementary lens. I will say that they do give you a lot for your money but a lot of junk is still junk. Their products look okay but they are knock off’ s of many of the name brand scopes- Motic, Unitron, National, Accu-Scope, etc. The factories in China copy each other to look the same on the outside, however it is the optics and mechanics that are not good. One other comment is about their warranty repairs and parts availability. I have heard stories that they make people return the scope in the original box or they will not honor a warranty. Also parts are very hard to get once they decide to change the model slightly (which they often do). They carry so many microscopes they cannot stock parts that you WILL need in the future.

In my opinion you are much better purchasing an Accu-Scope microscope. Depending on who you purchase this from you will find yourself dealing with a knowledgeable microscopist who understands your applications and expectations. Depending on which model you choose the pricing is very close to AMscope. I purchased my scope from I. Miller Optical. The gentleman who helped me was able to answer all of my questions and provide me with a microscope that met all of my expectations and budget. What he said to me when I called is that their web site is not up to date because they do not believe in selling without having a conversation to make sure the microscope you are buying meets all of your requirements. I am very happy with my Accu-Scope microscope and would recommend this brand and company to anyone considering an economical purchase.

• 11 months later...

!

Moderator Note

microscopeguy,
Rather than threatening people with legal trouble because of the contents in a post, I strongly recommend reporting a post, and leaving it to moderators to fix something. Posting such contents here is off topic, and therefore against our rules. The rules clearly state what to do in a case like this. Read more under section 4 of the rules.

Everybody,
The original topic has been answered sufficiently, and the thread was enjoying a quiet retirement somewhere on our server.

The quality of products of companies change, and therefore it is hardly relevant to add information of companies to a 7 year old thread. In addition, there were some personal attacks in the last posts, which are against the rules. It seems the best to just close this thread.

Edited by CaptainPanic