Homosexuality Facts

NavajoEverclear

i have to respect people as i want people to respect me

this is my opinion .. i believe men with women should be together

men have organs to contact with women's organs .. i mean right and health organs

i have to respect people as i want people to respect me

this is my opinion .. i believe men with women should be together

men have organs to contact with women's organs .. i mean right and health organs

Perhaps, but in this forum we require evidence and substantiation to claims. Saying that homosexuality leads to AIDS without showing evidence is not a valid claim, specially since it was shown to be wrong.

The human body doesn't come with an instruction manual, and there's no warranty to be voided if you use it "incorrectly". Ears might not be designed to have ear rings in them but you don't have a moral objection to that do you? Edited by the tree
+quote

Meshal, I know lots of people have opinions about homosexuality, most of them are based in morality and this morality is based on parts of the Bible (or Koran) that state homosexuals are ungodly and should be killed or some other sort of negative ideas. The idea that homosexuality is immoral and wrong is not universal nor is the idea of homosexuality being simply a way some individuals express their natural emotions and sexual preference new. Homosexual behavior has always been a part of human society and always will be, it can be suppressed and out lawed but it does not go away.

The truth is that homosexuality and the sexual desire for some one of your own sex is indeed difficult for heterosexual people to understand especially when the people who form your own moral values say unequivocally that homosexuality is wrong. if you question them they always come up with the "unnatural" idea but if you point out that homosexual behavior is quite natural and is practiced in many if not most animals then they say well humans should know better as we are intelligent and animals are not.

Of course their argument is biased from the start and no argument can convince someone who refuses to consider any one else as correct. Homosexuality has been shown to be natural behavior, people are indeed born homosexual. It has even been demonstrated how homosexuality can even be helpful to reproduction. Evidence for these ideas have been provided many times on this forum, i suggest you read more of the threads on homosexuality to understand this.

There are species of animals that are all homosexual, all of them, and there are animals who change their sex routinely. Homosexual behavior can be forced on an individual as can heterosexual behavior. Even if you truly believe from a moral or religious stand point that it is wrong it's difficult to justify treating individuals who's behavior is different as wrong as long it does no harm to anyone else.

Our society or at least the ideas behind our society would, at least on the surface, appear be based on adults being able to freely choose their behavior as long as it does not imping on anyone elses life significantly. I would suggest that even if homosexual behavior is chosen their is no reason to justify denying anyone one their basic rights as human beings based on homosexual behavior.

You can think it's not right much as you or anyone can think that driving a motorcycle is not right or that oral sex is not right, or that eating raw fish is not right and you can think such behavior is wrong and that it is immoral and that these behaviors contribute to the moral decay of our society but unless you can prove such things then your dislike of them is not something that the rest of us need to base our behavior on.

homosexuality is a choice...we cant control our thoughts but we CAN control our actions...im not sure where AIDS comes from...but it does seem more common in gay men

You are wrong with pretty much every comment you've made. It's fine if you believe otherwise, but reality disagrees with you. Also, AIDS comes from having sex with, receiving blood from, or being born from an individual themselves HIV positive. The type of genitals that person has is wholly irrelevant.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Of course their argument is biased from the start and no argument can convince someone who refuses to consider any one else as correct.

<...>

You can think it's not right much as you or anyone can think that driving a motorcycle is not right or that oral sex is not right, or that eating raw fish is not right and you can think such behavior is wrong and that it is immoral and that these behaviors contribute to the moral decay of our society but unless you can prove such things then your dislike of them is not something that the rest of us need to base our behavior on.

I like how you said this. Nice.

Edited by iNow
Consecutive posts merged.

homosexuality is a choice...

So then you can choose to prefer men over women? I know you can chose who you go to bed with, but most people want to do so with someone they find attractive.

we cant control our thoughts but we CAN control our actions...

Can you control your heartbeat too? That after all is an action.

im not sure where AIDS comes from...but it does seem more common in gay men

It comes from a retrovirus that infects and kills off white blood cells. Now you know.

So then you can choose to prefer men over women? I know you can chose who you go to bed with, but most people want to do so with someone they find attractive.

Can you control your heartbeat too? That after all is an action.

It comes from a retrovirus that infects and kills off white blood cells. Now you know.

good points on those... atm i was thinking alot about the overall way they presented themselves...i think television these days encourages young people to experiment with the opposite sex...im 23 and it seems like theres more gays then ever...i know what AIDS is...but i also learned that life expectancy in gay men is shorter then straights due to AIDS...and we dont know where the virus came from...i have nothing against gays and i dont think theyre the reason it exists...but i think the bisexuals spread it to women... and that makes people like me scared to death...if you truly love men then thats how you were programmed...but dont lust for women on the side

I must ask an obvious question: Why would a person choose to get into a lifestyle that is so much harder, so much less comfortable, a lifestyle that often gets your friends and family to shun you or disown you. I could understand trying out a sex experience with same-sex (as some american movies show women to do during college.. "Experiment") but to go into this lifestyle? Would you be able to live with a person you're not attracted to? Would you choose to do that when it means your entire social surrounding treats you differently --- often worse --- than if you went for the easier, more acceptable lifestyle?

Why would anyone choose that if it's possible to choose?

I just want to point out that the only reason that I can think of why gays would have a higher rate of infection is because they usually do a lot more anal, and some may forgo the condom.

After that fact I don't give a shit.

One more thing:

Sex, although pushed by hormones, is mostly a social/recreational thing. There has been cases of men having the balls and other glands removed that would inhibit the hormonal push, but they still continue to have sex as a recreational "sport." To me sex is kind of like any other recreational activity such as wrestling or even ping-pong, where one has adrenalin, testosterone, and other hormones acting as a push to encourage you to "win." To me gays are just playing the game with slightly different rules. The only difference is that with gays is that there is a slightly reduced incentive to have kids (and of course impossible to have "accidental kids" unless one member was cheating), but that doesn't mean that there are no gay couples that want to have kids. Plenty of straight couples choose not to have kids, which means there's no reason why a gay couple cannot choose to adopt or find a surrogate mother/father or alternative means.

And now I forgot my original point, due to it being past midnight.

Edited by Icefire

Icefire, thank you for that informative and well thought out post. Some people take many paragraphs to spout absolute drivel, but you managed it clearly and concisely.

If you had bothered to read what was written before you would know that the methods of contracting AIDS are totally independent of the genitalia. It may interest you to know that Africa has a higher proportion of AIDS in the heterosexual community than the homosexual one.

Please ensure that brain is engaged before putting mouth (or fingers) in gear.

Thanks John.

Yeah I skipped pages two-eight so I have missed a few arguments. What I was talking about was what I thought would be the only differences between the infection rate gays and straights, and that rate covers all infectious diseases.

Yeah I was aware of the case in Africa. A few years ago in school we had to lean a bit about the situation down there, and there were some really unusual points that i found. From what I gathered a lot of the problems are because of poor education, and that the infected didn't give a shit about others because they will die anyways. And I swear to all that is holy that my class was told that some believed that screwing a virgin or a kid will purify you, and condoms CAUSED AIDS.

The media in the US periodically brings up the pedophile priests scandals within the Catholic Church. The data shows most of that is done by gays; males molesting younger males. Heterosexual priest and little girls is much less common.

This data is not presented that way for good reason. It is spun in a way to disguise this historical dark side of gay. Ironically, the church protects these gays priests, hoping they will learn some self control, even while be accused by the atheists of being intolerant of gays.

good points on those... atm i was thinking alot about the overall way they presented themselves...i think television these days encourages young people to experiment with the opposite sex...im 23 and it seems like theres more gays then ever...

More than in ancient Greece? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Greece

i know what AIDS is...but i also learned that life expectancy in gay men is shorter then straights due to AIDS...and we dont know where the virus came from...i have nothing against gays and i dont think theyre the reason it exists...but i think the bisexuals spread it to women... and that makes people like me scared to death...

http://www.avert.org/origin-aids-hiv.htm

It came from the chimps, and got transferred to humans via bodily fluids, almost certainly blood.

The concentration of virus in blood is far greater than in other fluids, and an awful lot of the virus spread via sharing of needles. It can of course also spread (much less easily) via sex, both from man to woman and from woman to man (I don't know about lesbians though). Women could have just as easily acquired it via sharing of drug needles, and, in poor countries, via doctors recycling needles.

if you truly love men then thats how you were programmed...but dont lust for women on the side

And what if you like both? What if someone insisted that you could only pick blonds or brunettes but never the other once you chose?

And what if you like both? What if someone insisted that you could only pick blonds or brunettes but never the other once you chose?
You can make intellectual choices based on experience, but they can't totally override who you're basically attracted to. Young blond women just out of their teens will always hold a fascination for me, even though my experience has told me that the slightly older brunettes in my life have been better lovers. My redheads always had the best wit and sense of humor, another thing that attracts me.

My experiences with young blonds were always the worst, so if I really had any choice in the matter, would my thoughts of lust always turn to them first, despite my knowledge that brunettes were a better sexual match?