User Reputation System

!

Moderator Note

iwonderabouthings

Unless this thread gets back on the topic of reputation AND in doing so asks novel questions or raises new points that have not been already discussed in one of the previous thread I shall lock it.

Any repeat of such a wandering and shouty post as you last will be hidden. If you wish to post messages like that - then take Phi's advice and do it as a blog.

Please use normal size and colour font - you can highlight words for effect or emphasis but whole sentences in large red typeface is distracting and annoying.

Do not respond to this moderation

Observation: iNow wrote a very eloquent, original, and nuanced response to your question about bad reputation in the workplace. You respond with the above, which is a classic Strawman fallacy. You can't address his argument, so you build a different argument (that he's just saying you're being silly) and address that only. And then off you go into your own copypasta rant style, completely ignoring the other sides of this conversation.

Are you sure a blog wouldn't suit you better? I'm asking seriously. A lot of people don't understand the dynamics of discussion forums. They show up, throw up, shake up, and think they're communicating. The rest of us are sitting at various tables talking about science subjects, and suddenly there's a person standing next to the table shouting at us. Pull up a seat and talk, or go write a blog. You can even pull up a seat here AND write a blog here, but you can't blog in the discussion areas. This is one reason people get bad rep.

So calling someone silly is a nice thing????

Why not call someone a Bitch or a Whore??

GRANTED THEY FALL UNDER THE SAME " ELEMENTS" RIGHT??

I have never ever called anyone here Silly or Dumb,,, HAVE I??

I don't write blogs " at least not anymore", I've assisted in news paper articles, am a music producer, artist developer and have worked with some of the most " famous names" in entertainment. One thing however I hold solid stubborn foundation is " option based" system of any that deal with a reputation system " because it has pros and cons" and should be handled with utmost care.. I have seen a celebrities credentials online go down from 1,000,000 likes to bout 5,000 just because someone said they were gay, atheist, are said fuck " some group" in an interview...

No one would ever know that the artist is " celibate" spiritual ' OPPS!" and is a genuine loving being with a big heart, does not evolved in the typical " famous people bullshit " atmosphere crap" and prefers to understand science and philosophy...

But then again, if the artist is a top notch sexy Greek God, no wonder they would disappoint soOO many and have a neg rep.

That is one example of why I hold solid stubborn foundation on " option based" system of any that deal with a reputation system " because it has pros and cons"

As I have already stated, I am great full for this type of system we have here, not to mention others willing to help others and taking time to respond " time is money", of which I always state I am great full for..It is the only way I can learn and grow from my mistakes. I would never in 1,000 years be whom I am now, had it not been for HONEST CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE,

Here is an idea!

Their should be weekly discussions, and or periods in where " everyone" with a bad reputation should meet here with moderators and have a conversation in where they feel they have improved, if the moderators feel they have then their negative reputation should be cleared off to a fresh new start otherwise "they will not get looked at in the areas they have improved when " new members visit their profile." GET IT??? Your Evolution of Time System History Here needs updating!

This perhaps also would inspire the member to improve in better ways, and maybe if they do become a success he or she, wont be a bitch or an asshole to others when they are in high positions...IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME BY THE WAY. ;)

!

Moderator Note

iwonderabouthings

Unless this thread gets back on the topic of reputation AND in doing so asks novel questions or raises new points that have not been already discussed in one of the previous thread I shall lock it.

Any repeat of such a wandering and shouty post as you last will be hidden. If you wish to post messages like that - then take Phi's advice and do it as a blog.

Please use normal size and colour font - you can highlight words for effect or emphasis but whole sentences in large red typeface is distracting and annoying.

Do not respond to this moderation

May I ask, why are other Moderators, having a conversation with me>>???

Also, why does my profile say SENIOR???

I am not a senior, I am a former music producer and model.... I would prefer to have the reputation of someone that is young, otherwise people will think I am an older person that does no know what they are talking about that would then define why I don't know so much about science yet, at least in conventional terminologies.

Perhaps maybe this will help others understand my level and science education...

Edited by Iwonderaboutthings

The problem with this post is that it has the tone that it thinks it's being smarter than it actually is.

It's actually Hamilton mechanics and it's E=1/2mv^2

As for the rant using blacks and homosexuals etc these are completely false. Being racist of homophobic is judging a whole group of people based on one external factor that they usually don't have much influence on. The rep scoring system is offering a judgement on one person (not a group) based on their actions that they have influence on, furthermore they can redeem their rep by shaping up. Being racist or homophobic is completely opposite to the rep system and actually it was fairly pathetic to chuck that in. In my experience people usually chuck these points in because they are losing and want bully or smear the other person. I don't know your motive but seriously in the future think twice before chucking in racism and homophobia.

As for the rep system it's good for both parties. (as a side note you shouldn't stress over what strangers think of you over the internet life is tough enough). If you're debating with someone they will sometimes never admit that they are wrong just out of sheer stubbornness. I've had it where someone has completely misread what I've written and went off on a rant that actually back up my claim, when I pointed it out to them they edited their, flipped the argument on it's head so the rant would then go against me. I then had a a bias view towards his posts after that and took what he said with a pinch of salt. However, if I got multiple negative votes for a post it would prompt me to look back at what I said and evaluate it.

Rep is also good for the other party, if there is a debate and the person really isn't budging and the conversation is becoming cyclic then you can look at his rep. If it is really good then it would be good for me to look back at my posts but if the rep is a huge negative value then you shouldn't worry too much. This is only a snap shot. I am aware that you have a negative rep but you are taking steps to learn maths and you have posted statuses pointing out that you realize that physics is a lot harder than you thought. Because of this Because of this I have more time for you than 2 people I particularity know who have positive reps but in my opinion spew complete trash most of the time.

As I have already stated, I am greatfull for this rep system..

You don't need to lecture me on what is tough, you don't know me,, on another note, my reply was intended for

iKnow,

why would you answer for this person and try to twist my words???

There is much evidence on gays and blacks and bias towards them, it simply starts by one person stating something negative,

Jim Crow laws was an idea that started off as a Broad Way show by one person, stemmed off as a BAD REP for blacks

BACK UP YOUR WORDS!

So what you want is a quick fix, a way to circumvent your accumulated negativity and start a fresh; understanding why you have accrued such a score would be far more productive than trying to circumvent it.

huh???? :blink:

can you please make sense or talk English>>>>???

Or maybe it is based on the content of your posts...

Or maybe their is no other way to describe it based on the Theory and The Application of the 26 letters in the alphabet...

Which word is tripping you up?

Let me break it down for you...

So what you want is a quick fix, a way to circumvent your accumulated negativity and start a fresh; understanding why you have accrued such a score would be far more productive than trying to circumvent it.

It sound like you are describing a mechanical dildo here. Are you an inventor with a drippy OPPS I mean trippy mind and twist??

Also, why does my profile say SENIOR???

I am not a senior, I am a former music producer and model.... I would prefer to have the reputation of someone that is young, otherwise people will think I am an older person that does no know what they are talking about that would then define why I don't know so much about science yet, at least in conventional terminologies.

Every member with more than 30 posts is a "Senior Member", which comes with some extra privileges (downvoting posts, etc.). We don't judge the age of every member and label them as senior citizens.