Server move [planned downtime]

Hello everybody.

We're planning to move SFN to a new, shinier server tomorrow (Thursday) sometime in the afternoon/evening GMT. Downtime should last anywhere from an hour to a day, depending on the time it takes for DNS providers to realize that SFN has moved. Average should be around three hours, I think.

The new server should be faster and, most importantly, more reliable. We've made sure everything on it is up-to-date and properly configured, so hopefully things will work when we make the move.

I'll try to warn you if we have to postpone the move for any reason.

Thanks for the patience. Hopefully we won't have to suffer through any more downtime after this.

What's the IP address of the new server?

Just in case someone wants to put an entry in their hosts file whilst DNS resolves.

We'll post the IP address in the notice we put up when the boards on this server are shut down.

finally, we get some advanced warning so we can download some of the older pages to get out SFN fix while the servers down instead of having to go cold turkey.

Yeah, I'm sorry for all of that other downtime. The new setup seems a lot more reliable, and I've certainly tried to make it fairly robust.