Is 5-HTP transdermal?

I was wondering is 5-HTP transdermal? I want to know because I see alot of advertisements on the internet for 5-HTP cream, but I don't know if 5-HTP can be applied transdermally or not without their cream. I was thinking that getting capsules of 5-HTP, then putting it into a liquid, then applying it would do the same thing.

I would like to use it.

Any help would be appreciated...

Please answer?

:confused:

The large amount of ionizable groups makes it very water soluable. However it still may not be able to pass through the skin.

Why would you want to apply it in a cream anyways? Seems like a really ineffective and wasteful way of adminitering it. It's a nutrient, and takes a while to get to it's destination, so it's not like applying it dermally will prolong the effect. It's fairly slow acting.

Would probably be much more effective in pill form. I'm fairly skepticle that you wouldn't get the same effect just from typtophan itself.

Thank you for replying,

I want the 5-HTP to be localized. If you get too much 5-HTP in your system, your brainstem overloads, and you die. So I don't want that, I want to take a localized effect at a specific area, that way it doesn't effect the brainstem as much, but I still get all the benefits of it.

Thanks for replying to my post-